CGDevTools Forum

Welcome to the Official CGDevTools Support Community Forums.

Strange behavior in dynamically created frame

General discussion

by JohnFSklavounos » 16 Sep 2013 04:25

Hello Everyone,

I've been working to understand the code in the CGDevTools IW XIV V2 Demo and to that end I've created a program to test dynamically creating frames that is based on the demo code. I am however, experiencing some strange behavior in the dynamically created frames. For instance, the first time the frame is created (from the form's OnCreate event) it works normally, but when it is re-created (after another frame has been created and destroyed) I no longer have access to the values in the edit fields. Even stranger, when creating the frame again (after another being created and on odd numbered attempts) I have access to the values again.

To recreate the behavior, perform the following steps:

• Execute the program and open in browser.
  • Enter AAAAAA into the input field and press tab - you will see AAAAAA be displayed in the label underneath. CORRECT BEHAVIOR (1)
  • Click the Create Frame 2 button.
  • Enter AAAAAA into the input field and press tab - you will see BLANKS be displayed in the label underneath. INCORRECT BEHAVIOR (2)
  • Click the Create Frame 1 button.
  • Enter AAAAAA into the input field and press tab - you will see AAAAAA be displayed in the label underneath. CORRECT BEHAVIOR (3)
  • Enter AAAAAA into the input field and press tab - you will see BLANKS be displayed in the label underneath. INCORRECT BEHAVIOR (4)
  • Click the Create Frame 3 button.
  • Enter AAAAAA into the input field and press tab - you will see BLANKS be displayed in the label underneath. INCORRECT BEHAVIOR (5)
  • Enter AAAAAA into the input field and press tab - you will see BLANKS be displayed in the label underneath. INCORRECT BEHAVIOR (6)
  • Enter AAAAAA into the input field and press tab - you will see BLANKS be displayed in the label underneath. INCORRECT BEHAVIOR (7)
  • Click the Create Frame 3 button.
  • Enter AAAAAA into the input field and press tab - you will see BLANKS be displayed in the label underneath. INCORRECT BEHAVIOR (8)
  • Enter AAAAAA into the input field and press tab - you will see AAAAAA be displayed in the label underneath. CORRECT BEHAVIOR (9)

Notice that the values are never accessible from Frame 2 & 3 and only available on Frame 1 when it has been created an odd number of times.

Can someone look at the example I've uploaded and tell me where I've messed up? This is driving me bananas...

Thanks for any help you can provide in understanding my error,
John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John F. Sklavounos
Software Developer
Always learning

XE7: Update 1
FireDAC: 20.0.16277 (Build 1276)
IW: 14.0.41
CG : 2.6.0.100
JohnFSklavounos

by Jorge Sousa » 16 Sep 2013 12:31

Hi John

I'm sorry but we cannot find anything wrong

Using last IW14.0.17 version.

Here's the bin:

ftp://ftp.centralgest.com/temp/TestDynamicFrameCreation.7z

Best Regards
Best Regards
CGDevTools Develop / Support Team
Home Page: http://www.cgdevtools.com
Jorge Sousa

by JohnFSklavounos » 16 Sep 2013 16:22

Thanks for checking for me... I tested your exe and it works as expected.

I'm using IW 14.0.15, CG 1.6.0.2813 and Chrome 29.0.1547.66 I'll upgrade today and retest.

I really appreciate all your help. You guys are amazing with help.

Best,
John
John F. Sklavounos
Software Developer
Always learning

JohnFSklavounos

by JohnFSklavounos » 16 Sep 2013 17:17

Hi Guys,

Downloaded updated IW 14 and CG and all is OK. Thanks again. You guys are the best. I didn't realize how fast you are all releasing updates. Amazing!

=),
John
John F. Sklavounos
Software Developer
Always learning

JohnFSklavounos

by Jorge Sousa » 16 Sep 2013 17:44

Hi John

All we want is to make you happy,

and may you profit the most you can, with our humble help.

Best Regards
Best Regards
CGDevTools Develop / Support Team
Home Page: http://www.cgdevtools.com
Jorge Sousa

Return to General - Archive