CGDevTools Forum

Welcome to the Official CGDevTools Support Community Forums.

Visuals of Validation fail with Template

by mrcarver » 21 Sep 2017 16:18

CG Gurus,

I am working on a public facing app that requires templates. Attached is two screen shots, WITHOUT and WITH templates.

Please advise how to properly render the visual validation when using templates. Notice how only the first control is rendered when using templates. The ONLY change was adding a template.

Regards,
Monte Carver
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mrcarver

by Alexander Bulei » 22 Sep 2017 10:10

Hi mcarver,

Please advise how to properly render the visual validation when using templates. Notice how only the first control is rendered when using templates.

Please explain better the problem.

Best Regards.
Group: Developers | Support Team

• info [at] cgdevtools.com - General information
  • sales [at] cgdevtools.com - Sales department
  • support [at] cgdevtools.com - Product and Technical Support
Alexander Bulei
Site Admin

by mrcarver » 22 Sep 2017 16:47

Alexander,

There is not much more to explain. A page with a template only renders the validation for the first control.
Attached is the IW Demo: "Phonetics Customer Profiler ", which clearly demonstrates the issue.

On the main page I have added the controls I snapped in the previous post. When you click "Test", only the first control (i.e. eNameFirst) renders the validation text.

Rename the template file "formMain.html", and ReRender that same page and it will work as expected.

Please advise on a path forward. The consistency of the validation text is VERY appealing. I look forward to capture server side validation as well.

Regards,
Monte Carver
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mrcarver

by mrcarver » 26 Sep 2017 17:26

Any thoughts?
mrcarver

by Alexander Bulei » 26 Sep 2017 18:18

Hi mrcarver,

At this moment, the validation feature is not working with templates, because template processor remove the forms for each input element.

Best Regards.
Group: Developers | Support Team

• info [at] cgdevtools.com - General information
  • sales [at] cgdevtools.com - Sales department
  • support [at] cgdevtools.com - Product and Technical Support
Alexander Bulei
Site Admin

Return to JQEdit