CGDevTools Forum

Welcome to the Official CGDevTools Support Community Forums.

Rtf to Html

by rogerio.pgp » 07 Aug 2014 19:15

Hello,

Is there a way to convert rtf file to html and show on the screen with the suite components?
Do you have a component to show .rtf file or rich text? I say so Because I have in my database binary files(in .rtf).
I looked for converting rtf to html on the internet, but I didn't find something to solve that.
I'm looking forward to hearing from you. Tks.

Best Regards, Rogério.
rogerio.pgp

by ScottWGast » 07 Aug 2014 20:58

Do you need to convert on the fly, or are you doing a bulk conversion from RTF to HTML?

In my case, I was converting a bunch of RTF files to HTML and found WP Tools by WPCubed. They have a rich text editor that allows you to read a file in RTF and then save it as HTML.

HTH.
Scott
ScottWGast

by ScottWGast » 07 Aug 2014 21:15

ScottWGast

by rogerio.pgp » 07 Aug 2014 21:37

Actually, I have a binary file in my database. I bring it to my clients in a stream. What i want to do is get the .rtf file from the stream and show on the browser. To bring and load the rtf is something that I'm used to do.
I was thinking about using IWCGJQHtmlEditor to show the content of my .rtf file, but i have to convert it to Html.
Which component did you use to show the .rtf content?
Are Both frameworks that you mentioned in the previous post paid? It is expensive, isn't it?
Is there a workaround to do that?
Tks for answering.
Rogerio.
rogerio.pgp

by ScottWGast » 07 Aug 2014 22:26

I wrote a small VCL application that runs on my web server. It's purpose is to watch a specific folder and when an .rtf file is found in that folder, read the RTF file into the WPCubed RTF/HTML editor component and then write out an HTML file with the same filename with the .html extension. Once the HTML version of the file is written, I delete the .rtf file.

My Intraweb application writes the .rtf file to the folder and waits for it's .html version to appear in the folder.

Here a link to WPCubed pricing... keep in mind, these are VCL components.
http://www.wpcubed.com/order/vclproducts/index.htm

You can find the pricing on the other component I mentioned by clicking on the link in the previous post.
ScottWGast

by Jorge Sousa » 07 Aug 2014 22:38

Hi Rogerio, thanks Scott

We don't have such feature implemented, it's not our field
Best Regards
CGDevTools Develop / Support Team
Home Page: http://www.cgdevtools.com
Jorge Sousa

by dfields » 07 Aug 2014 23:14

I have used WpTools products and they are able to do the conversion through a method in one of the controls. Great products with excellent support.

I have also used ScroogeXHTML for server-based conversions. The product is rock solid and awesome. Take a look at their list of customers.
http://www.habarisoft.com/scroogexhtml_delphi.html
dfields

by Jorge Sousa » 07 Aug 2014 23:58

Hi again, thanks Daniel

Rogerio, you need RTF to HTML only right?

Because HTML to RTF is almost utopic.

We have wptools as well, they are very nice, to work in Windows Apps, or in the WebApp server part.

however, this is web, we can use javascript, and there is free source out there, fortunatelly, because rtf is MS propertary format, not a Web format.

If it's only RTF to HTML that you need and never the inverse, .

we can post a solution: requires Intraweb methods to load the javascript file needed (must be in project wwwroot), and generate the necessay javascript calls, but we don't want to publish as new method that we had to support.
Best Regards
CGDevTools Develop / Support Team
Home Page: http://www.cgdevtools.com
Jorge Sousa

by rogerio.pgp » 08 Aug 2014 11:47

I'd like to thank you everyone that answer my question.
I've just bought the ScroogeHtml and it seems to solve my problem. I will make some test here. If I have other issue about that I will come back here again.
Tks a lot.

Regards, Rogério.
rogerio.pgp

Return to General