CGDevTools Forum

Welcome to the Official CGDevTools Support Community Forums.

Your opinion about our products.

by Jorge Sousa » 01 Dec 2012 18:17

Please share your experiences using our components.

We're sure that our customers likes our support very much, we answer very quickly and cares about all the details.

Working closely with our customers, we have seen the most faster and amazing web apps.

Could you dear customer, please post your sincere opinion?

And maybe post some pictures of your web apps, and testify how fast they are now?

Thanks.

cgdevtools
Best Regards
CGDevTools Develop / Support Team
Home Page: http://www.cgdevtools.com
Jorge Sousa

by ScottWGast » 05 Dec 2012 21:43

Good afternoon from Texas!

Just wanted y'all to know that we are absolutely loving the jQuery CG Dev Tools! We really appreciate your attention to detail and continued quick response to tech support questions and other suggestions/recommendations for new features, functions and benefits. It's so nice to work with a company that is responsive to it's customer's needs!

The incredible improvement that my applications have seen as a result of the CGJQ tools is exactly what I was looking for when I started using the CGJQ tools. You have taken a very basic web application tool (Intraweb) and made the kinds of enhancements that professional application developers can use to develop amazing front end tools for their clients.

Your development of RenderRegionAsync is probably the best overall tool that you have brought to the table... gone are the days of having to force a full submit just to update a small (or large) portion of the screen. No more weird errors and the endless "busy" twirley indicator. This is what our customer's expect from a professionally written application, and now with your help, we are able to satisfy our customer's needs and expectations.

Soon, I hope to post some screen shots of a recent application in all it's glory :)

Thank you for all of your excellent work. I can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve!

Best regards,
Scott Gast
S2 Software, Ltd.
Texas, USA
ScottWGast

by bzwirs » 07 Dec 2012 05:17

I wholeheartedly agree with Scott's comments.

This is the best forum ever. I have been programming Windows apps for several years but this is my first foray into web applications. What I really like is that most of my questions are very basic but they are not treated as dumb questions and are promptly answered............even with the time difference from here in Australia.

Keep up the great work and I look forward to learning more as time goes on.

Bill Zwirs
bzwirs

by Roger » 08 Dec 2012 05:28

cgdevtools,

Yes it's one of the best additions to IW.

But as I'm be careful all new things seems to add baggage,

Thanks for this enlightenment to IW
Roger

by e-ngauge » 04 Mar 2013 11:37

I agree with all the above - your product is great and your support is great too

Kind regards,
Craig.
e-ngauge

by rvenky20001 » 05 Mar 2013 01:08

Great product. Great Support.

Venkatesh
rvenky20001

by murat ak » 06 Mar 2013 13:29

Hi,

I am really so new to web, specially with intraweb it is so hard.
But your components so great, i like that so much.
I think without your components, i can not do anything.

Thanks for your great products.
Indeed now your company is my devexpress for me in web.

Best Regards
Murat Ak
murat ak

by RedOctober » 10 Mar 2013 01:20

All my applications are large client/server n-tier database driven business apps built on the Microsoft Windows platform, using Delphi. Anyone who has been in this business as long as I have (24 years), has seen a lot of proprietary technologies come and go. The profit motive of large proprietary development tools vendors, such as Microsoft, is an incentive for them to "plan in" obsolescence from the start. Anything that is "too good" will eventually flood the market, and no one will want to buy another one. Profit dries up.

Eventually, as you become numb to the constant intense hype coming from these big vendors, and you actually experience "new" product being substantially WORSE than the old product, you begin to gravitate toward globally adoptable open standards (at the least) and open source (if practical).

Java was a theoretical advantage to the programmer... the "write once run anywhere" concept made sense on paper, and, that's all they taught at universities... so, I kept getting programmer job applicants who only knew Java, and were trying to convince me that Java was the "way of the future". I said no, because:

a) Java was extremely slow, compared to a native Windows, or Mac, or Linux app
b) Java was buggy
c) Java has proven to be a security risk
d) JVM is just a client by another name. Welcome to Java Virtual Machine Version Hell.

So I stayed with Delphi and Windows.

Next, along came .Net. I don't know what the hell .Net was supposed to accomplish. It made no technical sense. Microsoft's "answer" to Java? After the laffing dies down, the majority of developers realized that .Net gives you the slowness and buggyness of Java, *plus* the proprietaryness of Microsoft. (In Microsoft's .Net EULA there is a clause that states that you cannot publish speed test results regarding .Net.) Absolutely amazing that a product vendor would not want us to publicly compare it to their competition.

So now, .Net and all their .Net developers are being abandoned by Microsoft. Just like when Microsoft abandoned VB6 for .Net. You should have heard the whining! And this, after all the industry pundits said that the VB6 user base was "too big" for Microsoft to abandon. I laffed, while they cried. And I kept on building super fast, easy to use Microsoft apps, using Delphi, a non-Microsoft dev tool. (Until MS bought into Borland.. but, that's another story)

So, I wanted to develop some of my apps to run on browsers, but I was holding off for a very long time because the HTML spec just was no where near to where it needed to be, to enable my users to get done what they needed to get done, in the short time frames they had to work with.

Finally the HTML 5 spec was finished, and we are starting to see HTML apps that are starting to become just barely fast enough to think seriously about migrating some of my smaller apps to browser. My hunt began a few years ago. Among many other products, I checked out:

Zope
ScriptCase
SproutCore

Other products not listed because the user reviews were so bad, I didn't even get to the point of loading them up.

All this stuff was PHP based and ... I was trying to avoid completely changing everything to build my new apps. If I could at least salvage a large portion of my object pascal knowledge (and code base)... I'd be ahead of the game.

Finally, on the Embarcadero website, some one mentioned CGDevTools, so I decided to check them out. They got a "tick in the box" for:

- Uses open standard (HTML, Object Pascal) and open source software (where applicable)
- Their existence relies on us developers. They don't sell an Office Suite as side income allowing them to abandon us.
- Connects to Delphi through IntraWeb, a product that I had been using for years.

So, I've been working with CGDevTools for a few months now, and I've begun developing a new small application with it. I can report the following:

- I don't think I have ever seen such a dedicated support crew. These guys bleed red blood over every bug report, and do their best to get a fix in place within hours, at most a day or two. My pain is their pain.

- They are tolerant of their customer base, who are coming from a Microsoft environment to a Web App environment. They take the time to do a little "hand holding" where necessary, to get the web newbies "thinking web" -ish.

- Product quality is between Good and Excellent. (Help them out by running the betas)
- Support is best ever: A+

I encourage all Delphi programmers wanting to migrate their Windows apps over to the web, or make new web apps, to purchase CGDevTools (and an appropriate IntraWeb version and license). The Open Standards HTML5, and JavaScript that the product is based on, will be around forever. And remember that with JQuery Mobile.. you can hit the desktop browser market as well as the mobile market. No need to get "approval" from the Apple Store.
RedOctober

by e-ngauge » 11 Mar 2013 16:17

I think big companies like Microsoft can and have ditched products like Silverlight without batting an eyelid.

This product is CGDevtools bread & butter. They're highly unlikely to abandon it IMO.
e-ngauge

by RedOctober » 11 Mar 2013 17:06

I forgot to list that I gave Morfik a serious try, for a couple months. I found even though it used Object Pascal, and the IDE mimicked Delphi, the constant need to use four different programming screens (server interface, server code, client interface, client code) threw me off, a lot. And all the manual parameter passing, was like building Eclipse. Support was not as good as CGDevTools.

I also tried Adobe Flex Builder. I was drawn to it because of the visually beautiful controls. To connect Flex Builder to data, I had to go through Eclipse. Everything that Delphi does automatically regarding data connection, has to be done manually in Eclipse. If you love typing, Eclipse is for you. Like SOOOOO many other development tools, all the effort was put into making the user interface look good, and data connectivity was added as an afterthought, or "tacked on".

CGDevTools stays true to the Delphi paradigm: High performance, Easy and fast data connectivity, Simple interface, let's you get something working quickly. I also appreciate that on every control, I can use OnEvent with Ajax switched off, so I can basically "build it wrong", but get it to work soon-ish, and then later, start converting the events to (Ajax=On) JavaScripts, one event at a time, to make it more true to what a web app should be (able to run functions that don't need data, as client side only)

My search lasted four years, and I've settled on CGDevTools.
RedOctober

Next

Return to General