CGDevTools Forum

Welcome to the Official CGDevTools Support Community Forums.

Screens rendering slow over cell network

by bob9999 » 14 Sep 2019 19:15

Hi there. I have a httpsys (IWStartHSys) application using CG Dev Tools components with IW components loading in SSL and a domain name. The application works just fine on a cell phone over wfi but over a cell network is really slow.

The browser renders screen and then stops half way and chugs going by chrome progress bar. It is like it is getting stuck loading the ajax or something in order to actually use the screen. There is also a pause before the screen initially renders.

Any ideas to get the phone over cell network to work as fast as wifi? I have tried changing the compression number from 1 to 9 and this has no effect.

Cheers.
bob9999

by bob9999 » 02 Oct 2019 19:02

Hi there. Figured out the issue was in the dialog component which appears to be really heavy download to the browser so on a slow cell network causing the render of the form to be really slow. What I changed to a dialog frame and created on demand from the form when needed and then that increased the speed of initial form load considerably. On another form, I had too many rows being downloaded with the grid component so I added a condition to check if on mobile and then limited the number of data rows in the grid for first load.

There is a grid component for mobile that can be used but the mobile components do not look very good on desktop so for cross platform the core tools are the only way to go and work well on mobile. Unless you want to have double forms and have mobile forms to only load on mobile of course.

So the key is if you have a mobile demographic for your app, then do not use the dialog component directly in form and have this on demand in the a frame dynamic create and then free it out of memory when done. Users are more tolerant to incremental load as they need more features than a heavy front load.

Hopefully this assists someone else to save a huge amount of time re-engineering forms for mobile networks. All was working great even on wi-fi phone use and then I ran into customers using a cell network and then all slowed.

Cheers!
bob9999

Return to General