CGDevTools Forum

Welcome to the Official CGDevTools Support Community Forums.

IW 15.9

by Alexander Bulei » 15 Jan 2020 17:16

Hi there,

We're really sorry for delay.

We've some high priority tasks on company, but you can be sure, we've a working on support for Rio 10.3.3 & IW15.1.11.

After the setup creating and testing, we'll release the build.

Best Regards.
Group: Developers | Support Team

• info [at] cgdevtools.com - General information
  • sales [at] cgdevtools.com - Sales department
  • support [at] cgdevtools.com - Product and Technical Support
Alexander Bulei
Site Admin

by magosk » 22 Jan 2020 11:20

Hi,

can you please provide an update on when you can have a release for IW 15.1.11/12 ready? We must finalize a web application release as soon as possible with this IW version. We are currently using Delphi XE7 in production, so for our part we can accept a first development release without 10.3.3 support and then migrate to 10.3.3 later when you have your support for it ready.

Best regards

Magnus Oskarsson
magosk

by bob9999 » 22 Jan 2020 17:34

Hi there. I have sent multiple emails to the support and info email addresses at CG with no response. I allowed my license to expire sending my account into the sales department which there seems to be no one working since there is only a 25% discount for renewing the license (rather expensive and like paying for product all over again each year). The last stable release was May last year and I have reported a number of bugs over time and what 15.1.7 introduced. I will not be renewing my license until there is support for the product and some sort of official response from CG. I have also asked Alex to escalate issues. Hopefully we can return to the old CG soon where there is wonderful response and support for products. Feels like there is no one working at CG anymore except for Alex. Cheers.
bob9999

by SaturnValley » 27 Jan 2020 05:51

Hi

Why don't you just compile cgdevtools source code, and go through with that issues of new IW versions and waiting for cg compiled libs?

This is something that you can do in a couple of minutes.

CGDevTools doesn't seem to be a commercial branch of Intraweb

Obviously they can't go after whatever changes IW makes just to build setups with new libs, whats the point?

If by any chance, Atozed adds new or breaking features to Intraweb that might force CG to change the code, its their responsibility to warn and advise CGDevTools, and in that case only, it might take some extra development time

I think CG would gain at lot, if it could stop this source code and non source code subscriptions.

Have a source code subscription only, at non source price maybe ? :), and stop deploying all the libs for every IW release, I can imagine how annoying is to build and store and publish links to all IW versions

setups with libs only for trial purposes with major IW versions.

We can say that all the Delphi 3rd party vendors have both source code and non source code products, but they are only dependent on Delphi itself, not from another 3rd party, which is the case of Atozed's Intraweb. They only have to worry when a new Delphi is released, from time to time, not IW releases every week.

I think CG would gain a lot, if it could have only source code subscriptions, (and reduce the price), included the prices and provide the source code like TMS does (or did).

Just my fifty cents....

js
SaturnValley

by Alex7691 » 19 Feb 2020 22:15

@SaturnValley:

I'd like to comment a few things here:
Due to the way Delphi compiler uses DCU versioning it is virtually impossible to evolve a Delphi library without touching its interface (Which will break DCU binary compatibility). For instance, any new property introduced in any class will eventually break DCU compatibility.

Over the years we have been evolving and rewriting IW. The changes were so deep that between IW 12.0.0 and IW 15.1.0 it is not even possible to do a branch comparison anymore. We started with Quirks mode and now it is fully HTML 5 compatible! But, as is a tradition in the Delphi world and appreciated by Delphi devs, 99.9% of user code written for IW 11 or 12 still compiles and works just fine in latest IW 15.1. We basically changed the airplane wing while it was flying.

Besides that, we introduced so many new features that I could spend my day listing them here.

Regarding advice to CG Dev tools team about new versions: We have a Telegram channel devoted to IW internal dev team + 3rd party devs (TMS and CG) + a few IW collaborators (a group that we call TeamZed). CG Devs were invited to that channel and most of the things regarding IW development are discussed there. It is an open channel where we can freely talk about IW current status, future plans, whatever.
It is their choice whether they want to participate or not. Currently, they don't.
Besides that, they have access to our source code repository. They can see the changes to our code as we commit and possibly even have an automated build system based on it.

Some changes we do, of course, can break existing functionality of CG Dev Tools components because IW is quite open and there are basically infinite possibilities of using it. It is virtually impossible to detect breaking changes without proper testing. Have in mind that good parts of IW and CG are based on JavaScript which is an interpreted language with very limited tools to detect problems unless when running in the browser.

Having said that, we are working with CG Dev Tools team to provide the best possible support to IW and CG Dev Tools customers, as always.

Regards

Alexandre Machado
Atozed Software
Alex7691

by zsleo » 20 Feb 2020 21:00

Alexandre,

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your post.

I, for one, am hoping this is in response to what is NOT being published by CG.

We, the CG community, are VERY frustrated with the lack of public communication from CG. Even correspondence directly with CG goes unanswered.

It feels like CentralGest uses the CG Tools for their internal app which, it feels like, is a couple of Delphi and IW versions behind current and are satisfied with their version of CG Tools. ...and the community is left guessing about CG Tools future

I hope your post brings some a action and response from the CentralGest management.

... my 2 cents worth ...

Zane
zsleo

by ozelaya » 23 Feb 2020 05:45

Hi Alex,

Thank you very much for your post.

Some questions come into my mind.

¿After all is this good news for CG users?
¿It is good or bad that they do not participate on the Telegram chat?
¿You mention that you are working with CG Dev tools team as always, is this a current work in progress?
¿Are they still interested in supporting their product?
¿Are they still interested on keep CG up to date with IW?
¿How many changes where made in IW code since IW 5.0.x that for them there still no working bug free version from CG?
¿Why is taking some much time for them to support IW 5.1.x bug free?

Thanks in advance,

Omar Zelaya
ozelaya

by Alex7691 » 23 Feb 2020 22:24

Hi Omar,

I don't have a response for all those questions, yet. I have for some:

>> After all is this good news for CG users?

I guess so. We always worked in cooperation with CG Dev Team to fix issues as they appear. We continue to do so. CG Dev Team knows that they can count on us to help them, if needed.

>> It is good or bad that they do not participate on the Telegram chat?

It is not good nor bad. I'm just saying that there is an open communication channel available.

>> You mention that you are working with CG Dev tools team as always, is this a current work in progress?

Yes it is. We are committed as always.

>> How many changes where made in IW code since IW 5.0.x that for them there still no working bug free version from CG?

Basically we introduced CSP (Content Security Policy) which was an recurrent request from several users. CSP is very difficult to get right in *any language, framework or platform* because it is really invasive and you need to change the way you write your HTML, JavaScript and CSS at core level.
We introduced CSP with very little disruption of existing code, but unfortunately some issues affected the rendering/styling of some CG Dev Tools controls. These issues have been fixed in last December. Alexander (From CG) confirmed via email that the fix was effective and their tests were showing that it was working correctly.

For all other questions, I'm not the best person to respond. Anyway, rest assured that we are doing our best so you can have them as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Alexandre Machado
Atozed Software
Alex7691

by Alexander Bulei » 03 Mar 2020 15:23

Hi @everyone,
The new version is release under the download section.

Thanks for pacient users and sorry for others :)

Best Regards.
Group: Developers | Support Team

• info [at] cgdevtools.com - General information
  • sales [at] cgdevtools.com - Sales department
  • support [at] cgdevtools.com - Product and Technical Support
Alexander Bulei
Site Admin

by EitanArbel » 03 Mar 2020 23:37

so...
is this version, or at least it's compiled version - free?
i think it should be
EitanArbel

Previous

Return to General