CGDevTools Forum

Welcome to the Official CGDevTools Support Community Forums.

Is this company still in business?!

by dfields » 07 Jul 2020 21:54

I've posted in this forum. I've submitted questions by email. I've asked if I can buy premium support. Ni answers on any front.

Are you still in business? Are your products being supported?

I've been a customer for many years and have never had any issues. I love the products and use them regularly. I just need to know if I can still rely upon them. I've built a new application for a client using the Bootstrap components, but I have issues and questions.

Is anyone there?
dfields

by zsleo » 08 Jul 2020 19:10

... last week I did receive a license reregister. :roll:

I want to start a private WhatsApp group to discuss options to maintain the code base.

This is such a good product suite that it will be a shame to see it disappear.

I get the feeling that CentralGest is satisfied with the product for their own purposes and are no longer interested in maintaining CGD.

Everyone: your thoughts...
zsleo

by dfields » 08 Jul 2020 22:36

I hope you are wrong. I have many projects built with CGDev. It would be painful to replace them. I could have bought the source, but there is no guarantee that I would be able to understand everything there and then fix or enhance it. I do not want to invest that time.

I'm hoping they got a large private contract that required all hands on deck. I hope things return to normal once they have completed whatever it is they are doing. This is far too good of a product for it to be abandoned.

If I recall, they have gone of to work on large projects in the past. I want to keep alive!
dfields

by zsleo » 09 Jul 2020 21:11

... i did purchase a copy of the source recently.
I can't get it to build without error on the version if IW CGD says is supported...

I too have many projects with CGD. One has close to 200 forms that is failing IW related security certification.

IW is working on a fix for IW 15.2 ... now I am in a bit of a panic because of the delays in getting CGD working with IW 15.2

Not much more can I say....
zsleo

by MikeC » 15 Jul 2020 18:22

I would like to second (or third!) the simple request to know if CentralGest are still in business and if they intend to continue development of CGDevTools. We too have many applications built with this excellent suite and it is very important that we know if there will be continuity. Please can someone from the company either reassure us or just let us know that the product is now dead.
MikeC

by mivsoft » 16 Jul 2020 08:34

Hi there,

We currently using CGDev for a long time, but we really need to update our IDE for some reasons, to 10.4 Sydney.

Is there a chance to be able to recompile the component by buying the source ? What was your trouble zsleo exactly ?
mivsoft

by ozelaya » 16 Jul 2020 12:52

Hi zleo,

I'm also source code customer, but never have tried to compile from sources. Can you send us some error messages you get when you try to compile? Are you using 10.4? If using 10.4, have you made changes to the source code to make it compatible with 10.4?

I ask this becuase IW says that just a recompile from source code for 3rd party components is all whats is needed with new versions of IW.

Thanks in advance,

Omar Zelaya
ozelaya

by zsleo » 17 Jul 2020 20:03

Hi,

Because I forgot what errors I got, I tried to build again yesterday for IW 15.2.6 on Delphi 10.4.

Errors started with missing PAS files

I then logged into my CGD account to get the a new source code set but.... download failed because link is broken.

I emailed CGD Support..... still waiting for a response.

I will keep you posted.

When I tried to build under IW 15.1.2x on Delphi 10.3.3 I got many, many incomplete function and procedure parameter incomplete and data type errors.
zsleo

by ozelaya » 20 Jul 2020 15:26

Hi,

I have latest source code and I was able to compile it on 10.3 and IW 15.2.6 and working fine on first tests. On 10.4 compile from sources will not work, because CGDEV does not distribute source code for some License related files, only dcus.

Hope this helps.

Omar Zelaya
ozelaya

by zsleo » 20 Jul 2020 20:49

Thanks for the advice.

Did you make any changes to the CGD code or set-up for IW 15.2.6?

TIA
zsleo

Next

Return to General