CGDevTools Forum

Welcome to the Official CGDevTools Support Community Forums.

Problem migrating from 14.1.13 to 15.2.25

by robl245 » 29 Mar 2021 23:18

We have been using Rad Studio 10.2 with Intraweb version 14.1.14 and CGDevtools 14.1.13 for a few years now (I'm a procrastinator when it comes to updates). I am in the process of trying to get our code compiling and running on Rad Studio 10.4.2, Intraweb 15.5.26 and CGDevTools 15.2.25. I'm now compiling and the code runs. My first real problem is on my initial log in screen: the text boxes (TIWCGJQEdit controls) on my login form have a NULL Text property when handling a button click. For example, after entering a value in the field txtUser, when the OK button is pressed, the string txtUser->Text is NULL when breaking on the button click handler. This is the case with all text boxes on the form. I'm sure I'm missing something I need to address while updating the project to be compatible with the newer 15 version. I’ve searched around on this forum, and in general on google, but haven’t found anything like this. So my questions are:
1. Has anyone ran into a problem like this while migrating from version 14 to version 15? (any controls, not just the edit box)
2. Are migration issues documented anywhere?
Tomorrow I’m going to try creating a new sample project I can try and see if it’s still doing this.
My apologies if this question isn’t detailed enough, or if the answer is obvious. I’m missing it if that’s the case.
Thanks very much.
robl245

by sbsllc » 01 Apr 2021 00:19

Not sure if this will help at all but as I am migrating from my old version of IW and CGDevTools to the newest versions I have noticed a few odd issues and I have found that it helped if I opened each form in my project and resave it.

I am currently moving from IW 14.1.13 and CGDevTools 4.1.0.156 to IW 15.2.25 and CGDevTools 4.1.0.272
sbsllc

by robl245 » 05 May 2021 22:17

So, I've gotten past the previous problem. That was while using the Rad Studio 10.4.2 trial version. I went ahead and purchased 10.4.2 (professional), and reinstalled from the purchased installer on a fresh windows 10 install.
Installed iw15.2.25.exe, then setup-IW15.2.25.exe.
Made sure there were similar entries in the Library path and Include Path enviro vars under Toos, Options.

Problem: Problems running basic C++ project, while Delphi runs fine.

I'm sure my problem is some sort of environmental setting for C++, but none the less here's my repro steps:

Create a new Intraweb C++ project in Rad Studio 10.4.2.
Drop a TIWCGJQRegion control on the Unit1.cpp form.
Drop a TIWCGJQLabel on the region.
Run.
Before Intraweb GUI starts, I get:
1st error: Project TestApp2.exe raised exception class EAccessVioloation with message 'Access Violation'.
Call stack looks to show the exception coming from CC32270MT.DLL.
If I run past this, I get a Process Stopped error.

If I create a new Intraweb Delpi project and do the same thing, it works fine without errors. Has anyone ever seen this? I'm thinking I've either got a settings problem, or there may be a major bug in the C++ side of CGDevTools. Maybe I'm blind as a bat. Any ideas would be appreciated.
robl245

by Alexander Bulei » 10 May 2021 14:42

Hi,
I've no idea what it can be..maybe C++ users will come and help you.

BR
Group: Developers | Support Team

• info [at] cgdevtools.com - General information
  • sales [at] cgdevtools.com - Sales department
  • support [at] cgdevtools.com - Product and Technical Support
Alexander Bulei
Site Admin

by robl245 » 10 May 2021 17:17

The RadStudio / Intraweb c++ project I'm supporting is heavily invested in CGDevTools. Every form uses CGDevTools controls. I'm simply trying to get the program working under the new version. Unfortunately, I can't seem to accomplish what should be relatively straight forward.

Given that I can't add a CGDevTools control to a blank Intraweb form on a brand new project on a fresh install of the latest RadStudio, Intraweb and CGDevTools, I'd say there's a problem with CGDevTools. Didn't CGDevTools test their new version under both c++ and delphi environments before releasing? I seriously hope so. If the answer is indeed yes, then my problem is environmental and I just need some technical support from CGDevTools support staff.

I can provide remote access to the machine, or I can zip up the project file and send it to you. Or, someone at CGDevTools could simply try Installing Rad Studio Professional (10.4.2) and the latest IW / CGDevTool and create a new c++ project and try adding a TIWCGJQRegion to an intraweb form and try running it. The errors occurs before the IW server GUI pops up.

Please advise.
robl245

by AngryDev » 18 May 2021 17:48

"sbsllc" --> Not sure if this will help at all but as I am migrating from my old version of IW and CGDevTools to the newest versions I have noticed a few odd issues and I have found that it helped if I opened each form in my project and resave it.

Say, sbsllc... Are you using C++ or Delphi?
Thanks
AngryDev

by sbsllc » 18 May 2021 18:51

I am using Delphi
sbsllc

by robl245 » 18 May 2021 23:12

Update: As most of my time is spent on other things, getting the new tools working isn't the highest priority. But I have found the fix though. CGDevTools 15.2.25 does not work with a StandAlone Indy Intraweb application type under c++. However, it does appear to work with a StandAlone Http.sys application type under c++. This is just in cast anyone else has this problem. As you can see from the response above, CGDevTools themselves didn't have a clue and was no help. You'd think they would know this. Alex, in case someone else encounters this problem, the answer is to use the Http.sys application type. I have no idea why. Intraweb version 14 running on Rad Studio 10.2 didn't include this distinction for StandAlone. Hopefully this wont cause problems as I attempt to add all the components of the application into the new project. We shall see.
robl245

by Alexander Bulei » 29 Jun 2021 16:47

Hi,

Thanks for sharing!

BR
Group: Developers | Support Team

• info [at] cgdevtools.com - General information
  • sales [at] cgdevtools.com - Sales department
  • support [at] cgdevtools.com - Product and Technical Support
Alexander Bulei
Site Admin

by XenoG » 07 Sep 2021 14:49

I've spent a couple of hours on this today. I've installed Intraweb 15.2.32 and CGDevTools IW15.2.32 version 4.1.0.282 into RAD Studio 10.3.2. Everything works perfectly when I use the Delphi personality, but when I build for C++ the exe crashes before the Intraweb control can be shown. I've tried using the standalone and HTTPSYS options, but both fail if I have a CGDevTools component on the form. If I remove all the CGDevTools components, the application works perfectly.

I've tried replacing my CPP files for ServerControler, UserSessionUnit and my form TIWCGAppForm with the same forms but in PAS. This doesn't help as the application still crashes in CC32260mt.dll.

I'm not sure what files the C++ Builder personality uses that the Delphi personality does not use. There must be something wrong with the BPI or LIB files, as I don't think these are used in Delphi.

I'm happy to test any release builds on C++ Builder, as I now have a test system that I can play with. Message/email me if you want me to test anything.

Please let me know if this can be fixed. I need to upgrade to the latest version of IW and CGDevTools, but I can't do this until this issue is fixed.

Thanks,

Richard
XenoG

Return to General