CGDevTools Forum

Welcome to the Official CGDevTools Support Community Forums.

Auto Growth of menu container for sub items

by bob9999 » 20 Feb 2019 18:36

I wanted to first say this component is really nice in the amount of customization and events that are available. One quick note is that the autoHeight property seems to have no effect in general and I have to set the item height manually or items overlap.

My intent for this post is to talk about sub items for the menu. When I add these, I have to calculate the maximum space in the menu and then extend the vertical size at design time to allow for this growth or vertical scroll bars will appear at run-time. The issue comes in when I have a background colour for the menu and even in the theme use where there is all this blank space at the bottom of the menu to account for the potential for growth.

As a general suggestion, it would be nice to have an option to grow the sub menu items out to the right instead of inline accordion mode. Within the current construct however is there a trick to get the menu container to grow as needed for what is selected by the user? I can add this programatically based on a calculation of item height or something similar but it would be nice to have this menu grow as needed as part of the tool.

Cheers!
bob9999

by Alexander Bulei » 22 Feb 2019 17:01

Hi bob9999,

Why just not use the Align = Client and AutoHeight property of JQVertMenu?

Best Regards.
Group: Developers | Support Team

• info [at] cgdevtools.com - General information
  • sales [at] cgdevtools.com - Sales department
  • support [at] cgdevtools.com - Product and Technical Support
Alexander Bulei
Site Admin

by bob9999 » 25 Feb 2019 01:16

Cool idea and works great if no background colour for the menu. The AutoHeight got rid of the scroll bars so that was nice to see that working now. For align client, I have to place inside a region to contain the menu but I still get the same issues if I use a colour. The start theme and others are OK since they have no background colour but sunnry for example has a background and then has the region all that colour for the menu to expand into.

So improvement but still an issue if I have a background colour. Thank you alexander. This is definitely a great step. The other thing I see here is that even with no background colour though the menu still will block anything under even if the there is nothing expanded into the bottom.

What would be great is if we could set the minimum size of the menu and then have the menu just expand out auto expanding the outer menu container if needed. So I could set the height to 100 as an example and then it would just autogrow outside of this if needed and AutoHeight set.

Cheers!
bob9999

by Alexander Bulei » 25 Feb 2019 10:27

Hi bob9999,

Remember, you can override any UI with custom css file.

Best Regards.
Group: Developers | Support Team

• info [at] cgdevtools.com - General information
  • sales [at] cgdevtools.com - Sales department
  • support [at] cgdevtools.com - Product and Technical Support
Alexander Bulei
Site Admin

Return to JQVertMenu