CGDevTools Forum

Welcome to the Official CGDevTools Support Community Forums.

Modal Dialog disable JQ Widgets

by oflor » 09 Sep 2014 19:33

Hi Pals:

There anyone know why when I set a Frame/Dialog to Modal := True, the "input" components are ReadOnly/Disabled? I don't associate it with a DataSource I want to use it freely but doesn't accept user input.

Principally I need a lookup window.

Thanks to everybody and Best Regards
Oscar Flor
Sebaot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best Regards,...
Oscar Flor
Sebaot Software
oflor

by Jorge Sousa » 09 Sep 2014 21:10

Hi Oscar

Without seeing your demo project, and because it's a common thing, try to put the controls in the dialog with ZIndex >= 1000
Best Regards
CGDevTools Develop / Support Team
Home Page: http://www.cgdevtools.com
Jorge Sousa

by oflor » 09 Sep 2014 23:41

Excelent! Thank You very much a sorry for be too newie :D

Maibe in the nex release can be done automatically by the Dialog to set its controls inside a ZIndex grather han his zindex.... ;)
Best Regards,...
Oscar Flor
Sebaot Software
oflor

by Jorge Sousa » 10 Sep 2014 00:15

Hi

About

Maibe in the nex release can be done automatically by the Dialog to set its controls inside a ZIndex grather han his zindex.... ;)

Thanks for the suggestion, in fact, this was always an issue for many users.

The problem is not very easy to handle, since we've to do in the browser side, using javascript/jquery, which is always more difficult, since we have to guraantee the functionality in many browsers, dialogs over dialogs, etc..

Please note that if JQDialogOptions.Stack = True, which is the default value, dialog finds the zindex automatically, in browser,

And the server doesn't know what this value will be.

If JQDialogOptions.Stack=False, the dialog uses the ZIndex assigned in Delphi, and it's more easy to handle, iterating the dialog controls and set the ZIndex for each.
Best Regards
CGDevTools Develop / Support Team
Home Page: http://www.cgdevtools.com
Jorge Sousa

Return to JQDialog