CGDevTools Forum

Welcome to the Official CGDevTools Support Community Forums.

Minimum height and issue in accordion

by bob9999 » 07 Mar 2019 18:51

Hi there. This editor is really nice and many features! There are a couple of anomalies that I have run into that I wanted to report. The component has to be a minimum height of 200 or the vertical scroll bar appears on initial render with no text and then you can scroll under any text that is entered by around 2 lines or so and can cause user confusion when things disappear. I stripped off many pieces except for one tool bar no status bar for a tight design space and finally figured out there is a minimum size for this component to work elegantly.

Another issue is within the accordion. Instead of adding this issue for that component section I figured I would just report this here since the component only has issues on the accordion from what I have seen so far. Part of my issue was above where I needed a minimum tab size to contain the minimum height of 200 for the editor component. The other issue remains where an instability seems to be introduced when placing this component on an accordion tab.

I traced the issue to the designer for Delphi 10.2.3 and IW 15. The component inserts into the accordion tab and looks fine and renders in the browser but I was having random function issues. When I delete the editor from the accordion tab, I receive an access violation message which leads me to believe that the component is not inserting properly into an accordion tab in my particular environment.

I changed things by inserting this on a dialogue so the user has a popup form now and then all seems to be 100% stable now. There actually are a number of accordion design issues in the Delphi IDE version I use and I have to be really careful on what I do from a design viewpoint.

Cheers!
bob9999

Return to CGTinyMCE