CGDevTools Forum

Welcome to the Official CGDevTools Support Community Forums.

Newbie questions

Questions & Answers about IWCGJQuery Suite.

by fisherman » 04 May 2014 21:40

Hi there,

I am currently evaluating IWCGJQuery (XE5, IW 14.0.28). I am sure I will have to ask several strange questions in the future!

Here are the first questions:

1) When I open my app in the browser on my Android phone (both stock and latest Chrome), all TIWCGJQDropdowns do not open, except with the Bootstrap theme. Is this normal / intended behaviour?

2) If I want to use both versions (IWCGJQuery and IWCGJQuery Mobile) for my app, how would achieve the automatic switch on a desktop / smartphone?

3) I notice that several components have a strange behaviour (borders), depending on the selected theme. The attached screenshot shows a Memo which looks fine with some themes, but with other themes the top border is missing. How can I fix this?

4) I am playing with frames and regions. I don't manage to hide the borders of frames / regions. How can I accomplish this?

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fisherman

by Jorge Sousa » 05 May 2014 09:53

Hi

1) When I open my app in the browser on my Android phone (both stock and latest Chrome), all TIWCGJQDropdowns do not open, except with the Bootstrap theme. Is this normal / intended behaviour?

There is a reason we he have a suite especially to be used in mobile devices. Some desktop controls run well in mobile devices, others not, we cannot guarantee, which is the case of dropdown.

2) If I want to use both versions (IWCGJQuery and IWCGJQuery Mobile) for my app, how would achieve the automatic switch on a desktop / smartphone?

You can use events on ServerController, that check the browser, to know what what iwforms you should create.

3) I notice that several components have a strange behaviour (borders), depending on the selected theme. The attached screenshot shows a Memo which looks fine with some themes, but with other themes the top border is missing. How can I fix this?

Are we still talking about mobile? Because we cannot reproduce this in a desktop browser.

4) I am playing with frames and regions. I don't manage to hide the borders of frames / regions. How can I accomplish this?

What kind of regions? If it's IWCGJQRegions, they are displayed according the theme? For a normal iwregion, BorderOptions should be used to config borders.
Best Regards
CGDevTools Develop / Support Team
Home Page: http://www.cgdevtools.com
Jorge Sousa

by fisherman » 05 May 2014 10:47

Hi,

There is a reason we he have a suite especially to be used in mobile devices. Some desktop controls run well in mobile devices, others not, we cannot guarantee, which is the case of dropdown.

Ok

You can use events on ServerController, that check the browser, to know what what iwforms you should create.

Thanks, found it.

Are we still talking about mobile? Because we cannot reproduce this in a desktop browser.

I referred to non-mobile. I tried again with a new application and the issue is gone. Due to missing parts in the documentation, I tried to do things following the demos and messed up many properties. Not the perfect way for an absolute beginner. The Intraweb approach :)

What kind of regions? If it's IWCGJQRegions, they are displayed according the theme? For a normal iwregion, BorderOptions should be used to config borders.

Yes, IWCGJQRegions.

Thanks!
fisherman

by fisherman » 05 May 2014 23:57

So here's the next question.

Following the v2 demo, I created a navigation using a panel list and 2 frames. I added a ajax browserhistory component and the code to generate the hashes. I can see the hashes change in the URL when I click on the browser's back button, but the browser does not load the previous page / frame. The AjaxBrowserHistoryHashChange event is existing but never fired. But I have no idea why? I must be missing something.

Thanks
fisherman

by Jorge Sousa » 06 May 2014 00:18

Hi

Please confirm that AjaxBrowseHistory.OnHashChange.OnEvent is assigned to AjaxBrowserHistoryHashChange and

AjaxBrowseHistory.OnHashChange.Script = ''

Since is working in jQueryDemo_V2 it gots to work in your demo, with nothing special to be done.
Best Regards
Jorge Sousa

by fisherman » 06 May 2014 03:42

AjaxBrowseHistory.OnHashChange.Script = ''

Thanks, that did the trick.

I encountered AV's and inconsistent display results when I tried to nest inherited frames in inherited frames in several levels, so I changed my approach for the navigation / content. I started to play with a panel list and tabs. Now the TIWCGJQMemo border issue (top border not showing, other borders thick, screenshot above) is back. I can reproduce it, it happens when the memo is on a TIWCGJQTab. I'm pulling my hair already....
fisherman

by Jorge Sousa » 06 May 2014 09:38

Hello

We would appreaciate much if you could send us a test case for both

nest inherited frames in inherited frames in several levels,

and

the TIWCGJQMemo border issue (top border not showing, other borders thick, screenshot above)

t.i.a.
Best Regards
Jorge Sousa

by fisherman » 06 May 2014 11:24

Hi,

the TIWCGJQMemo border issue (top border not showing, other borders thick, screenshot above)

TestCase1.zip

here's the test case for 2) - it's pretty simple, though:

1) create new project
2) drop a region on the main form
3) drop a memo and a theme switcher on this region
4) drop a tabs on the region, create a tab
5) drop another memo on the tab
6) run the application and select "jFlick" or "jFace" theme
7) notice that the memo on the region looks ok while the memo in the tab does not

I will see if I manage to create a test case for the AV / display issues, I am trying to make progress in the rest of the evaluation period.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fisherman

by fisherman » 06 May 2014 11:26

This is the screenshot showingTestCase1 running:

TestCase1.jpg
fisherman

by Alexander Bulei » 06 May 2014 11:29

Hi fisherman,

Thanks for reporting.

It's a known issue with jxxxx themes.
These issues are not ours, but we will try fix them.

Best Regards.
Group: Developers | Support Team

• info [at] cgdevtools.com - General information
  • sales [at] cgdevtools.com - Sales department
  • support [at] cgdevtools.com - Product and Technical Support
Alexander Bulei
Site Admin

Next

Return to Q & A