CGDevTools Forum

Welcome to the Official CGDevTools Support Community Forums.

Grid not showing after compile in IDE

General discussion

by bzwirs » 02 Jun 2012 06:03

Hi,

Delphi XE2, Intraweb 12.1.26

Have added a JQuery grid on a form in existing project....not yet connected to any datasource. I compile just to see if it will show and all I get is a circle continuously going round in circles. Have added the wwwroot directory, etc, to the output directory.

However, if I close the IDE and run the .exe (from Windows Explorer) all works fine.

Any ideas?

regards

Bill Zwirs
bzwirs

by Jorge Sousa » 02 Jun 2012 15:47

Hi Bill

in your project's output path you have to add the wwwroot folder, and inside wwwroot, you have to copy the folders jq, css and ui-themes from cgcomps install path\files folder.

And you also have to:

add a themeswitcher comp to your form (even if invisible and IWForm.RenderInvisibleControls = True)

or

define ServerController's or IWForm's stylesheet , pointing to one of the ui-themes\somethemefolder\jquery-ui.css, either using Stylesheet.url or Stylesheet.FileName props.

Please check and compile our included demo source code to see how it works.

Best Regards
Best Regards
CGDevTools Develop / Support Team
Home Page: http://www.cgdevtools.com
Jorge Sousa

by bzwirs » 03 Jun 2012 05:37

Have done as suggested in your previous post and I can now run the app in the IDE. Is there, or, wil there be any documentation to support these components? Looking at the demo doesn't really tell you to do those things you have mentioned.....or maybe I haven't looked far enough.

Although I can now run the app in the IDE I still don't see a grid. All I get is the grid and column headings in a big bold font but nothing else...just a plain white background. Your demo shows Ok so it all obviously works.....just not within my existing project. Are there any other initial setups (like the /wwwroot and themeswitcher) that need to be done before this will work?

regards

Bill Zwirs
bzwirs

by Pedro » 03 Jun 2012 19:35

Hi Bill

About you questions:

" Is there, or, wil there be any documentation to support these components?"

Of course there will be, thats what we are doing right now.

" Are there any other initial setups (like the /wwwroot and themeswitcher) that need to be done before this will work?"

wwwroot has to contain 3 sub-folders copied for cgcomps installation path (jq, css and ui-themes).
And you have to drop a GridDataSetProvider component, and assign Grid provider to this component. GridDataSetProvider must DataSet/DataSource component must be assigned to you dataset.

Regards
Pedro

by bzwirs » 03 Jun 2012 23:37

Hi Pedro

"wwwroot has to contain 3 sub-folders copied for cgcomps installation path (jq, css and ui-themes).
And you have to drop a GridDataSetProvider component, and assign Grid provider to this component. GridDataSetProvider must DataSet/DataSource component must be assigned to you dataset."

I've done all that but still doesn't show when I run the app. In the IDE I can see the grid and select a theme etc but when I run the app to view in Internet Explorer I get what I described previously. In the IDE I only see the header with the column names but not the grid footer where the paging and edit etc icons are displayed. The dataset assigned to the GridDataSetProvider is located in the UserSession unit and works with the TMS grid currently on the same form as the jQuery grid. The dataset I'm using is an IBDAC dataset.

The grid want to display is simply a stock pick list with 3 columns...Brand, Pick Qty and Return Qty. I have created the columns using the Grid ColModel property for the 3 columns and assigned the field name to each of thw ColModel Name property. I see that the Idx property defaults to the same value.

Not sure what other info to provide so hope this is somehow helpfull to get a solution.

regards

Bill Zwirs
bzwirs

by Pedro » 04 Jun 2012 09:59

Bill

Maybe the best solution is to chat online

MSN Messenger: pedro@centralgest.com

Regards
Pedro

by bzwirs » 05 Jun 2012 11:23

Pedro,

Finally had some success by using the ServerController StyleSheet.FileName property as earlier suggested. Didn't try that earlier because I thought that if the normal way doesn't work then this way won't work either......silly thinking. I would still like to know why the other way doesn't work for me but at least I can proceed with the project. The problem I have now is that the data is not displayed in the grid. I am using the same dataset as I am using for the TMS grid and that displays correctly (for the TMS grid). When I click the button to get the data I can briefly see the Loading Data animation but nothing is displayed and the Page # is set to 0.

regards

Bill Zwirs
bzwirs

by Pedro » 05 Jun 2012 11:43

As I told you before

Drop a GridDataSetProvider component, assign its DataSource property to your DataSource

Then in Grid, assign property JQGridProvider to the GridDataSetProvider.

For better results in Edition and Deletion, you should have at least one grid column with the Key property Flag = True.

For more information, check jQuery plugin documentation: http://www.trirand.com/jqgridwiki/doku.php?id=wiki:jqgriddocs

All you see there is in Grid Component, in a Delphi manner

Best Regards
Pedro

Return to General - Archive