CGDevTools Forum

Welcome to the Official CGDevTools Support Community Forums.

Weird Problem

General discussion

by Aggie85 » 19 Jun 2014 16:11

Howdy All!

I have a weird problem that I have spent several hours pulling my hair out trying to understand / fix.

First of all, I am using C Builder XE 2 and the latest versions of IW and CGDevTools.

I decided to give my code a good going through with FastMM_FullDebug.

While using it, if I use an instance of TIWCGJQDialogEx on a TFrame, it all works until my form is destroyed - the decontructor for the form is called TWICE. If I don't call the dialog, all is well.

If I replace the normal memory manager, it works fine.

---------------
Update #1:
---------------
Ok, so I decided to start simple and just create an instance of the frame in my page form's contructor and then delete it right away! I get an EAccessError. So I guess I need to do a backup and start removing stuff until I figure out what is causing the problem!

---------------
Update #2:
---------------
Ok. I am not sure if this is a C Builder problem or not, but apparently creating a TIWCGJQDialogEx on a TFrame with a TIWCJQGrid works fine until the page is destroyed and ALL HELL BREAKS LOSE if you are using FastMM_FULLDEBUG.

So what I did to fix it was add an asynchronous timer after the modal result of the dialog and I delete the grid on frame (this has to be done FIRST or an eaccess error is raised when the frame is destroyed) and then I delete the frame. This seems to solve my problem!

I am not sure if this was a real bug or a compatibility issue with FastMM_FULLDEBUG, but...!

Thanks,

Aggie85
Aggie85

Return to General - Archive