CGDevTools Forum

Welcome to the Official CGDevTools Support Community Forums.

Tab Order

General discussion

by Aggie85 » 20 Jun 2014 07:00

Hwody!!

Ok first of all, I have read the docs and googled.

I have a bunch of CGDevTools components and I have set the TabIndex property to True and I have #ed each TabOrder.

The problem is that the taborder isn't followed. After I close and reopen the form in the IDE, all the tab iorders are set to -1 even though the TabIndex = True.

Any hints to fix this or what I could be doing wrong??

Thanks,

Aggie85
Aggie85

by Jorge Sousa » 20 Jun 2014 09:45

Hi Aggie

I'm sorry, this was a mistake in the last released version.

We're just uploading a new version with that issue fixed.

Our apologies.
Best Regards
CGDevTools Develop / Support Team
Home Page: http://www.cgdevtools.com
Jorge Sousa

by George » 20 Jun 2014 13:17

After update, previous tab order values will be restored, or data was deleted and should be restored manually?
Last edited by George on 20 Jun 2014 13:41, edited 1 time in total.
Best regards!
George

by hsbelli72 » 20 Jun 2014 13:38

hi, any example of use ReleaseSessionOnBrowserClose, please...

regards
hsbelli72

by Jorge Sousa » 20 Jun 2014 14:09

Hi

After update, previous tab order values will be restored, or data was deleted and should be restored manually?

Yes, sorry about that, I'm sure you use svn or git.

hi, any example of use ReleaseSessionOnBrowserClose, please...

Yes, only the last develop version supports the method in full.

Since there is not reliable method to distinguish between a browser (tab) close and a refresh (F5), the correct method is

in OnBeforeRequest and '/endsession/' we set WebApplication to the minimal -1 minute.

And ensure that in every Form Render, the WebApplication.SessionTimeout:= IWServerController.SessionTimeout
Best Regards
Jorge Sousa

by Aggie85 » 20 Jun 2014 14:14

Good morning all!!

Couple more questions:

1) When will the next version with tabbing fixed be out? Only reason I am asking is I am guessing the update I wanted to get out yesterday is on hold!

2) Concerning the Close Out Session, is that time value 1 minute or -1 minute? I have never tried a negative #!

Thanks and have a great weekend!

Aggie85
Aggie85

by Jorge Sousa » 20 Jun 2014 14:21

1) When will the next version with tabbing fixed be out? Only reason I am asking is I am guessing the update I wanted to get out yesterday is on hold!

read the version change history file

2) Concerning the Close Out Session, is that time value 1 minute or -1 minute? I have never tried a negative #!

1 minute is the minimal.
Best Regards
Jorge Sousa

by Aggie85 » 20 Jun 2014 14:38

cgdevtools_support wrote:

1 minute is the minimal.

Good morning!

I haven't got that far yet :D !

I will grab and add to fixes this morning!

Have a great weekend!

Aggie85
Aggie85

by Aggie85 » 20 Jun 2014 16:58

cgdevtools_support wrote:

1 minute is the minimal.

OK... I download the latest version. It helps but my tab order is so screwed up. I have gone through and reordered the items and the first couple work and then it is tabbing all over the place (i.e. to different group boxes, etc).

I can't remember ever having this many problems trying to set tab order. Any idea on how I could screw this up? What is the preferred method to use to set the tab order? I have tried manually setting the TabOrder property of each control, I have tried the IDE's SetTabOrder for each particular container, etc. Nothing works.

Thanks in advance!

Aggie85
Aggie85

by Jorge Sousa » 20 Jun 2014 17:17

What do you mean by

Nothing works.

Can you demonstrate ?

And TabOrder is managed by Intraweb code, and determines the order of which the controls are rendered.

cgdevtools added the property TabIndex: Boolean, and if it's True, it also adds the html attribute tabindex

What we've changed was the possibility of setting TabOrder=-1, it wasn't allowed before, and only works with cgdevtools components,

so that if we set TabOrder=-1 and TabIndex=True, it renders the attribute tabindex=-1, to force the element to not have tab stops.
Best Regards
Jorge Sousa

Next

Return to General - Archive