CGDevTools Forum

Welcome to the Official CGDevTools Support Community Forums.

Is there a tab state capture property

by bob9999 » 27 Feb 2019 18:00

Hi there. The accordion is working great and I have multiple tabs that can be opened and closed. There is an issue in the designer IDE with the component where it stops being rendered and I have to keep going to the accordion object and then manually change the tab and then things will render so I can access the frame to place other components on it. Refresh all does not assist either and I have to do this manual step.

The real intent for this post is to ask is there a Boolean or other property I have missed to see if a given tab is open or closed? I have used the ActiveTabIndex property but it is always the same value regardless if the tab is open or closed. In my thinking this should be -1 if no tabs are open.

I have created and maintained variables to know if a tab is actually opened and worked around the issue but I just wanted to ask if there was something in the component to know the tab state.

Cheers!
bob9999

by Alexander Bulei » 07 Mar 2019 10:09

Hi bob9999,

There is no any flag for that.

Best Regards.
Group: Developers | Support Team

• info [at] cgdevtools.com - General information
  • sales [at] cgdevtools.com - Sales department
  • support [at] cgdevtools.com - Product and Technical Support
Alexander Bulei
Site Admin

by bob9999 » 07 Mar 2019 15:42

Thank you alexander for letting me know. I can release this issue from my mind now and know that the Boolean array shadow system based on activeitemindex is where I need to be. Cheers. b
bob9999

by bob9999 » 09 May 2019 17:03

Hi there. I wanted to report that in version 4.1.0.175 that the activetabindex always stays at the value of -1 and never updates any longer. This bombed out one of my applications were I was depending on this value to at least tell me what accordian tab the user clicked on.

Element 0 of Aparams in JQAccordionOptionsChange event seems to have the active index number but then it changes to Boolean false when you collapse the tab. I can check for datatype to then action what I need but there seems to no longer be any way to just have a property or stable element in an array like this that just always holds the value.

Since the new build, the gui for delphi is still an issue too for accessing the tabs in design.

I may have to abandon what I am doing to stay away from anything to know the active tab to be safe.

Cheers!
bob9999

Return to JQAccordion