CGDevTools Forum

Welcome to the Official CGDevTools Support Community Forums.

Resize issue keeping space on screen

by bob9999 » 02 Feb 2019 22:02

I have an accordion with one tab for proof of concept and a button under the component at design. The tab is about half the size of the accordion for a full test of screen render behaviour. When the form renders, the accordion shrinks to the size of the tab which is what I wanted and then of course I can collapse so just the tab title is showing.

The issue is that the button under the accordion component is rendering in the same position rather than floating with the accordion so then there is all this space under the accordion. How do I make the content under the accordion shift or change position relative to the accordion size so then there is no space between?

I tried to place the button up further but then of course the accordion just draws right over. I have seen web sites that have great resize of components that move many items under the resized component. I tried using an accordion in a region and changing resize options in a parent container type concept but still no dice.

Hopefully someone has done this before or perhaps there is a property I missed somewhere. I have gone through the demo and documentation already and I did find reference to autoheight but there is no such property that I can see and the demo just has the component by itself with nothing floating under.

Cheers.
bob9999

by Alexander Bulei » 04 Feb 2019 10:50

Hi Bob,

The issue is that the button under the accordion component is rendering in the same position

It's a intraweb concept, you need use the anchors in components.

Best Regards.
Group: Developers | Support Team

• info [at] cgdevtools.com - General information
  • sales [at] cgdevtools.com - Sales department
  • support [at] cgdevtools.com - Product and Technical Support
Alexander Bulei
Site Admin

by bob9999 » 20 Feb 2019 23:13

Thanks Alexander. I tried that too so I place the growing component in a region (anchor top and left) and then a component under with no anchors. The resized component at run-time just draws over or under depending. I tried to report in IW forum too and they said same thing with some sort of alignment hint but there must be something else implied that is not mentioned that makes it all work. Is there a tutorial somewhere that goes through this concept? Cheers!
bob9999

by Alexander Bulei » 22 Feb 2019 17:12

Hi bob9999,

Is there a tutorial somewhere that goes through this concept? Cheers!

I don't know, ask the Alexandre Machado for the documentation.

Best Regards.
Group: Developers | Support Team

• info [at] cgdevtools.com - General information
  • sales [at] cgdevtools.com - Sales department
  • support [at] cgdevtools.com - Product and Technical Support
Alexander Bulei
Site Admin

by bob9999 » 24 Feb 2019 23:03

Thanks Alexander. IW got back to me and said that I need to set StyleRenderOptions.RenderAbsolute to false for all controls I want to move and then at design or form create event to set the top and left of the controls that are to move under the control as it grows/shrinks. This works like a charm and then as the control shrinks and grows vertical all the controls under move the same way.

This only works for components that have some sort of action event though and a label will just stay in one spot and never move. I reported that to them in case there is something to fix and I just have to stay away from labels in an area I want to move relative to another component sizing.

No need to touch align or anchors and nothing to do with regions. I was going totally the wrong direction and never knew about this cool Boolean setting that just makes it all work easy. I knew I was missing something basic and over complicated like I seem to like to do. KISS concept never fails (keep it simple stupid).

Cheers!
bob9999

Return to JQAccordion