CGDevTools Forum

Welcome to the Official CGDevTools Support Community Forums.

IWCGJQDropDown not function correctly in grid

by bob9999 » 04 Mar 2019 18:59

Hi there. I have a IWsection that I created and then have a button on there with this IWCGJQDropDown control. I used the control template formatter for the column for the grid and then point it to this section using hidden and parent. All according to spec.

The dropdown functions and even fires the change event correctly but inside will not change the selectedindex and acts technically like if nothing happened. The documentation is written like you can put anything on a section and then it will work like if outside a grid.

Buttons seem to be the only thing reliable in the grid that still function since there is nothing the control has to do except fire the event. So it looks like I will have to have an external popup that appears for the user to use the drop down to select the function the user wants to complete.

In future, I will have to design more complicated actions to be outside the grid invoked by button and just have the grid for display and basic in-line edits. I changed to button on the section and then use the dialogEx to then use my drop down and all is working now.

Cheers!
bob9999

Return to JQGrid