CGDevTools Forum

Welcome to the Official CGDevTools Support Community Forums.

Rendering issue when delete row

by bob9999 » 07 Apr 2019 15:44

Hi there. I have an odd situation that only occurs on a particular win 10 machine that I have found so far. My development machine is fine in any browser and a win 10 machine here is also OK. This is a client machine that is of course saying my software is not stable.

What I am doing is I have a IWRegion in cell 0 with 2 IW image buttons on it (delete button is image_app\DeleteIcon.png). The user is just clicking on the delete button and then I am invoking the native grid delete function. The row deletes from the grid fine but then the buttons shift up like if the render process just stops.

The code in the button is below:
BudgetGrid.JQGridOptions.SetSelection((Sender as TIWIMageButton).Tag, True); // To Select the row
SelRow:= inttostr((Sender as TIWIMageButton).Tag);

if (SelRow = '') then
WebApplication.ShowMessage('Please select a budget row before clicking the delete button.')
else
BudgetGrid.JQGridNav.ShowDeleteDialog(SelRow);

Any ideas what we can do to stabilize this odd situation? I was thinking maybe placing AjaxReRender() somewhere maybe to kick ajax but unsure where to place that command when using the grids native delete function or if this is even the right approach.

In the cell design I have the control position as jqpoLeftBottom. I cannot seem to insert a picture here of what the screen looks like after the delete to see the buttons in cell0 shifted up. I will see if I can add after I post this. It is like the bottom position command I am using just stops working. Just all theories since I cannot see anything wrong in my code and it works on other machines just fine. My fear is if he is having this issues others may too out there when implemented.

Cheers!
bob9999

by Alexander Bulei » 08 Apr 2019 09:14

Hi,

Try to use our JQButton instean IW.
And can you grab the video? TIA

Best Regards.
Group: Developers | Support Team

• info [at] cgdevtools.com - General information
  • sales [at] cgdevtools.com - Sales department
  • support [at] cgdevtools.com - Product and Technical Support
Alexander Bulei
Site Admin

by bob9999 » 09 Apr 2019 05:08

Hi alexander. I changed to your region and your buttons and now they are taking up to 5 seconds to display. That was the key reason I was using the IW buttons when I can since they are so much less overhead in general.

So then I flip between grids in tab control (I have a summary one and a monthly one) and then flip back and then the buttons shift to the right now on my machine. So the good thing is I am able to replicate what is occurring on the client machine now kind of (except different direction now) but the bad thing is that I cannot get this to be stable on rendering. Any other ideas on this and now the slow render time?

When I change to createcellsonrender=true then the screen takes too long to load so I have to have createcellsonrender=false.

I cannot see any video on your post to view. Did you send one? What does TIA mean?

Cheers!
bob9999

by bob9999 » 09 Apr 2019 14:27

Hi there. More information for you. So what I have to do is account for the shift right on the region design and then now I have a float from left to right in my actions column. Hopefully my client will not notice it until we can nail down what is occurring.

The extra render time for the buttons to display is from an image being embedded on the button. When I remove the image, then the render time decreases from maximum 1.5 seconds to average 1 second. When I turn off user cache then the extra lag time is gone. Sometimes I can see the buttons drawing but that is OK. So when using the button with an embedded image in a grid, you have to have the user cache turned off for maximum performance.

Cheers!
bob9999

by Alexander Bulei » 09 Apr 2019 16:19

Hi bob9999,

So when using the button with an embedded image in a grid, you have to have the user cache turned off for maximum performance.

Of course you need turn OFF the cache, since the image is same for all rows. The browser will use the cached image file, instead load it again.

Best Regards.
Group: Developers | Support Team

• info [at] cgdevtools.com - General information
  • sales [at] cgdevtools.com - Sales department
  • support [at] cgdevtools.com - Product and Technical Support
Alexander Bulei
Site Admin

by bob9999 » 09 Apr 2019 16:21

I managed to hide the right shifting by centering the whole column. I had the control with its alignment but that seems to be ignored sometimes it seems so hopefully with the whole column being centered now this will render better. I will let you know when this is deployed to the client if he is still having his issue on his machine. Cheers. bob
bob9999

by bob9999 » 26 Apr 2019 16:44

Just wanted to place a note here to mention that this rendering issue was fixed in release 4.1.0.175. Happy to see all working now for this thread. Thank you for all your assistance Alexander. Cheers!
bob9999

Return to JQGrid