CGDevTools Forum

Welcome to the Official CGDevTools Support Community Forums.

Edit column / cell - keyboard input not working?

by ScottWGast » 30 Sep 2019 15:19

DXE2/Updt 4
CGDevTools 4.1.0.16
Intraweb Ultimate 14.2.6

Using JQGrid with ADO dataset.

For example, my Inventory Packing Slip grid shows inventory item rows along with quantity received. User needs to update the grid with the quantity received for each inventory item.

I create the columns at runtime; one column (quantity_received) is editable, all other columns are not editable.

When I hit the ENTER key, the grid goes into edit mode as expected, but when I go to enter the new value into the cell, the cell does not accept alphanumeric input from the keyboard... at least 99% of the time.

Occasionally, without any change to the code, editing the cell works just fine. (ugh)

I can clear the previous value using the backspace key, or click on the "x" with the mouse.
I can use Ctrl-V to paste in a new numeric value.
But, the alphanumeric keys on the keyboard do not seem to work.

It is as if the zindex value of the cell being edited is less than the zindex value of the grid resulting in the edit field landing behind the grid? I can get to it with the mouse, backspace works, but not the input keys.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Thank you,
Scott
ScottWGast

by Alexander Bulei » 02 Oct 2019 09:24

Hi ScottWGast,
Can you grab the video please?

Br
Group: Developers | Support Team

• info [at] cgdevtools.com - General information
  • sales [at] cgdevtools.com - Sales department
  • support [at] cgdevtools.com - Product and Technical Support
Alexander Bulei
Site Admin

by ScottWGast » 07 Oct 2019 15:52

Good morning from Texas!

I've attached a link to the OBS Studio video demonstrating the issue.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1os-uDnwiahEmMzJKmrlBAeTeh5c56z66

Thank you in advance for the help!

Scott Gast

** UPDATE: Oct 8, 2019
After further review, I've found that the cell editing issue seems to be related to the usage of a modal TIWCGJQDialog to display the grid.

I can successfully edit cells when the frame is not sitting on a modal dialog box. When the frame containing the grid IS on a modal dialog, the first time I display the modal dialog, I am unable to edit the cells. If I close the modal dialog and immediately re-open the modal dialog (and each subsequent time), I am able to successfully edit the cells.

It kinda feels and looks like a zindex issue.

Ideas? I am happy to send you source code, if you desire.

** UPDATE
Here is a link to a new OBS video capture demonstrating the issues.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fzCKH_98YaamNm4DJyMla2Cjyu-XBv72
ScottWGast

by Alexander Bulei » 11 Oct 2019 15:46

Hi ScottWGast,

Sincerely, I don't see any issue on your video...on first video, when you attempt to save, you've inserted the new row, and error became from new row, and not from edited field.

About the z-index, just adjust the property.

Best Regards.
Group: Developers | Support Team

• info [at] cgdevtools.com - General information
  • sales [at] cgdevtools.com - Sales department
  • support [at] cgdevtools.com - Product and Technical Support
Alexander Bulei
Site Admin

by ScottWGast » 12 Oct 2019 15:19

Alexander,

Good Saturday morning from Texas!

I appreciate the reply.

The 1st video was not a great example, please disregard.

The second video (please turn up the audio to hear my explanation) clearly demonstrates my ability to edit within the grid cell when the grid is NOT sitting on a dialog.

When the grid IS on a dialog, the first time I pop it up the grid cell does not accept numeric keyboard input. The backspace and navigation keys work just fine within the cell; I can also paste a numeric value into the cell, but the cell will not accept numeric input. I will create another video with audio to better demonstrate the issue.

Concerning the zindex property: which component's .zindex property needs to be increased in order to bring the cell being edited to the front?

Scott
ScottWGast

Return to JQGrid