CGDevTools Forum

Welcome to the Official CGDevTools Support Community Forums.

JQDialogEx + Frame + Grid!!!

by Aggie85 » 31 Dec 2013 20:38

Howdy!

I have a frame that I have created to use in a JQDialogEx. The frame contains a couple edit controls and a grid.

I found out to get the edit controls in the frame to work in the dialog, I had to set their ZIndex > 1000.

The problem is that the grid shows the outline border, the header bar, shows empty rows for each row in the data set, and the paging bar (bottom). NONE OF MY COLUMNS are shown. I am assuming this too has something to do with the ZIndex.

So how do I get my grid columns to show when used in a JQDialogEx control?

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Aggie85
Aggie85

by Jorge Sousa » 01 Jan 2014 16:47

Hello Aggie85

It's a very strange behaviour what you're pointing out.

Can you please submit a demo? No need DB connection.

Happy New Year
Best Regards
CGDevTools Develop / Support Team
Home Page: http://www.cgdevtools.com
Jorge Sousa

by Aggie85 » 01 Jan 2014 16:51

cgdevtools_support wrote:Hello Aggie85

It's a very strange behaviour what you're pointing out.

Can you please submit a demo? No need DB connection.

Happy New Year

Howdy!

I was just getting ready to say never mind!

I think my original problem was that my frame form got F___ed UP!

So I started doing some more googling on the form and I noticed y'all have a Frame Wizard with dialog option for Delphi and NOT C Builder (what I use)!

After doing some playing around, it seems all I have to do is change the IWFrameRegion to a JQDialogEx and keep the IWFrameRegion component name!

I just started but this little tidbit will save me hours and it is much CLEANER than what I thought I had to do!!

Thanks again and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Aggie85
Aggie85

by Jorge Sousa » 01 Jan 2014 18:14

Hi

So I started doing some more googling on the form and I noticed y'all have a Frame Wizard with dialog option for Delphi and NOT C Builder (what I use)!

that's bad, we need to fix it then, thanks for leetting us know.

After doing some playing around, it seems all I have to do is change the IWFrameRegion to a JQDialogEx and keep the IWFrameRegion component name!

The fact that name must be IWFrameRegion is a (dumb) imposition of Intraweb. You can see that after you set te "right" name, you can't change it anymore.

I just started but this little tidbit will save me hours and it is much CLEANER than what I thought I had to do!!

I'm sorry for that, basically an Intraweb Frame is a TFrame (or descendant) with a TIWCustomRegion descendant as main control named IWFrameRegion

TIWCustomRegion descendants includes TIWRegion, TIWCGJQRegion, TIWCGJQDialog, TIWCGJQTabs, etc...

We also have a TFrame descendant: TIWCGFrame that implements OnCreate and OnDestroy events as well as the property WebApplication (but this can be achieved using IWApplication.GGWebApplicationThreadVar

If you use TIWCGFrame instead of TFrame, you won't be able to drop it at design-time because of another dumb imposition of Delphi that requires to be exactly TFrame, not descendants.

Happy New Year
Best Regards
CGDevTools Develop / Support Team
Home Page: http://www.cgdevtools.com
Jorge Sousa

by Aggie85 » 01 Jan 2014 18:32

that's bad, we need to fix it then, thanks for leetting us know.

No big deal - I was just glad to see it because I like the idea of designing my dialog frames and then creating them on the fly and this allows that!

The fact that name must be IWFrameRegion is a (dumb) imposition of Intraweb. You can see that after you set te "right" name, you can't change it anymore.

Actually, I have changed the name of my IWFrameRegion to Dialog and it seems to be working fine (now I am NOT dropping these frames onto any forms - I want to use them as standalone dialogs like y'all do in your examples and then use AjaxReRender() to show them)!

I'm sorry for that, basically an Intraweb Frame is a TFrame (or descendant) with a TIWCustomRegion descendant as main control named IWFrameRegion

TIWCustomRegion descendants includes TIWRegion, TIWCGJQRegion, TIWCGJQDialog, TIWCGJQTabs, etc...

We also have a TFrame descendant: TIWCGFrame that implements OnCreate and OnDestroy events as well as the property WebApplication (but this can be achieved using IWApplication.GGWebApplicationThreadVar

If you use TIWCGFrame instead of TFrame, you won't be able to drop it at design-time because of another dumb imposition of Delphi that requires to be exactly TFrame, not descendants.

Hey its a learning curve! My biggest problem is that I am always behind!!!

Again, many thanks for the great product and support!

Happy New Year and Best Wishes in 2014!

Aggie85
Aggie85

Return to JQDialogEx