CGDevTools Forum

Welcome to the Official CGDevTools Support Community Forums.

UseMaxZ

by zsleo » 18 Feb 2016 06:02

CGD v 2.9.0.212

I have a number of dialogs in my app. All are modal = true and UseMaxZ = true

If I open only open and close one dialog everything works as perfectly: edits work, drop downs work, date drop downs work.

Open and close other dialogs in any order and eventually (after 4 to 5 open and close of different dialogs) edits and date drop downs stop working work but drop downs still work.

In all dialogs I changed the modal = false and under the same operation the date drop downs display under the dialog.

In all dialogs I changed the modal = true and the UseMaxZ to false and under the same operation the edits, drop downs and dates work correctly.
zsleo

by Alexander Bulei » 18 Feb 2016 10:24

Hi zsleo,

In all dialogs I changed the modal = false and under the same operation the date drop downs display under the dialog.

In all dialogs I changed the modal = true and the UseMaxZ to false and under the same operation the edits, drop downs and dates work correctly.

As I said, in previous replay, we implemented the UseMaxZ to prevent the auto-increment of zIndex of dialogs.
It's a jQuery UI framework behavior.

Best Regards.
Group: Developers | Support Team

• info [at] cgdevtools.com - General information
  • sales [at] cgdevtools.com - Sales department
  • support [at] cgdevtools.com - Product and Technical Support
Alexander Bulei
Site Admin

by zsleo » 18 Feb 2016 21:16

As I said, in previous replay, we implemented the UseMaxZ to prevent the auto-increment of zIndex of dialogs.
It's a jQuery UI framework behavior.

On first read of your original post I did not understand the implementation. As a result may I suggest the Use Max default be set to False because this is a "breaking" change
zsleo

by Alexander Bulei » 19 Feb 2016 10:11

Hi zsleo,

As I said, the default behavior of jQuery UI framework is auto-increment zIndex every time when open modal dialog.
So, why the UseMaxZ should be False?

Best Regards.
Group: Developers | Support Team

• info [at] cgdevtools.com - General information
  • sales [at] cgdevtools.com - Sales department
  • support [at] cgdevtools.com - Product and Technical Support
Alexander Bulei
Site Admin

by zsleo » 19 Feb 2016 21:33

Sorry to ask a question instead of answering your question. Why then does the behaviour of components on the components on the dialog change when Use Max is true?

My suggestion is not resulting from standards of implementation of dialogs - it is about its implementation in CGD.

To carry your arguement through to its logical conclusion when UseMaxZ is true as the default then CGD environment must also control all components in the dialog so that the "unwanted" side effects I described are accounted for.

This is just my opinion ;)
zsleo

Return to JQDialogEx