CGDevTools Forum

Welcome to the Official CGDevTools Support Community Forums.

More Zindex Issues

by MCarver » 07 Mar 2016 19:13

CG Gurus,

Ive recently began getting a new error that may be attributed to the zIndex property. I'm setting the UseMaxZ= false for a DialogEx, which is using the Modal property. Having set this property the MemoEx and DropDown controls appear to work. But now I have an issue with the CGEdit controls. The error is: "The following exception occurred: IWCGJQEdit10Inner. The IW Session is not processing submit!"

Please advise. If I ignore the error the data does get posted. But how can I prevent the exception dialog from surfacing.

Regards,
Monte Carver
MCarver

by Alexander Bulei » 08 Mar 2016 10:10

Hi MCarver,

The error is: "The following exception occurred: IWCGJQEdit10Inner. The IW Session is not processing submit!"

Are you think it's about the zIndex? :O
How we can simulate this problem?

Best Regards.
Group: Developers | Support Team

• info [at] cgdevtools.com - General information
  • sales [at] cgdevtools.com - Sales department
  • support [at] cgdevtools.com - Product and Technical Support
Alexander Bulei
Site Admin

by MCarver » 08 Mar 2016 14:50

My best guess to duplicate the problem is to drop a CGEdit, a CGDropDown, and a CGMemoEx on a DialogEx with Modal. Bind each of them to a given dataset, and enter data into the CGEdit and attempt to post.

:And I suggest zIndex, because I did not have this problem until I recently upgraded to fix the zIndex issue in regards to the DropDown/MemoEx issue.

Thanks you for your attention on this matter,

Regards,
Monte Carver
MCarver

by Alexander Bulei » 08 Mar 2016 15:07

Hi MCarver,

I asked you this question, because the z Index affects client visual appearance only.
Sorry, but zIndex doesn't cause this issue/problem.

Best Regards.

Alexander Bulei
Site Admin

by zsleo » 08 Mar 2016 20:30

Hi
Please try this:
- click the drop down button
- move the dialog out of the way so that drop down list can be shown as if it has a lower Z index than the dialog
- if you do see the drop down list under the dialog then the problem is the "new" UseMaxZ in the dialog options. Change the value to false and your problem will be fixed.

I have raised this issue in another thread. Only my opinion but I see this as a bad "breaking" change and the default should be set to false and not true.

Regards
zsleo

by Alexander Bulei » 09 Mar 2016 17:35

Hi zsleo,

I have raised this issue in another thread. Only my opinion but I see this as a bad "breaking" change and the default should be set to false and not true.

I have already explained you, why the property is TRUE by default.

Best Regards.

Alexander Bulei
Site Admin

by zsleo » 09 Mar 2016 20:20

Hi Alexander,
I understood your explanation very well but it still does not make your implementation correct if it causes side effects like this.

When an application has been developed upon known and trusted methodology the last thing you expect is the side effect that UseMaxZ causes when updating a library. Hence my response to your post in the original thread.

It is VERY costly as you know testing applications - this type of change introduces more cost and reduces confidence - in both my applications and in turn CGD.

The current app I have in preparation release testing has more that 250 forms, frames and dialogs that needed to be fully rstested...

Regards
zsleo

by Alexander Bulei » 10 Mar 2016 10:13

Hi zsleo,

If you understand the explanation, so for that reason we can't set UseMaxZ to False by default.
We need avoid the breaking change...

Note

Default behavior of jQuery UI framework is increment the zIndex on dialog open when modal.

Best Regards.

Alexander Bulei
Site Admin

by zsleo » 10 Mar 2016 20:49

Alexander
I do understand that! But then, surely, it becomes your (i.e. CGD) responsibility to ensure that all CGD components and sub components such as the drop down list box placed on that dialog have their Z index set and operate correctly.

IMHO a specification only sets direction but does NOT relieve or excuse the implementer of that specification from resolving flow on and side effects in r heir product suite.

We (I.e. all developers) deal with this almost every day. Extreme, but imagine if I told my users that that is the specification - it still makes the product settings unusable. Again, IMHO

Regards
zsleo

by Alexander Bulei » 11 Mar 2016 17:42

Hi zsleo,

Thanks for your opinion, we appreciate it.

Best Regards.

Alexander Bulei
Site Admin

Return to JQDialogEx