CGDevTools Forum

Welcome to the Official CGDevTools Support Community Forums.

JQDialog(Ex) and CSS styling

by GerritS » 29 May 2017 20:35

After a forceful fight trying to do some dialog styling in CSS, I find myself completely stuck. This is what I did :

I unchecked all the stylerender options except the z-index. I set the CSS property of the dialog component and describe the (quite simple) style in my CSS. (Later I also tried it with a # style in CSS, but that did not work either). Despite of the fact I unchecked all the stylerender options, the dialog has still hardcoded width, height and position. Even so I cannot get rid of the hardcoded ui-classes in the dialog.

What I would like to accomplish seems not too difficult (for me it is, however) : I want a JQDialog to be styled at 80% width, 80% height at a top of 10% and a left of 10%. And yes, I used absolute positioning, pressed (alt-) F5 to refresh my CSS and I use the latest version of CGDevTools (and the wwwroot directory).
GerritS

by Alexander Bulei » 31 May 2017 09:50

Hi GerritS,

Unfortunately, you can't do it, because the Intraweb works with absolute size & position.
So, you can't set the relative(responsive) size and position.

Anyway, you can force it on jquery ui with overriding css rules, but you will see unexpected behavior with components inside.

Best Regards.
Group: Developers | Support Team

• info [at] cgdevtools.com - General information
  • sales [at] cgdevtools.com - Sales department
  • support [at] cgdevtools.com - Product and Technical Support
Alexander Bulei
Site Admin

by GerritS » 06 Jun 2017 06:44

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for your explanation. At least it is good to know it simply could not be done, after having such a struggle ;-) I'll try to create something myself with an overlapping darker region to get the modal feel, and another region in the foreground.

thanks, Gerrit
GerritS

Return to JQDialogEx