CGDevTools Forum

Welcome to the Official CGDevTools Support Community Forums.

Issue with variable controls on Dialogue

by bob9999 » 08 Mar 2019 06:06

Hi there. I am using the Ex Dialogue as modal and have a drop down on the dialogue to then show controls based on drop down value or what user selects. All controls are rendered as invisible to start and I just have the visible properties of the appropriate controls set based on this value selected for easy toggle.

The first issue I ran into is that the fields will not display unless I call the ajaxrerender function. I get this from time to time for controls so no big deal but when I stress tested the drop down, it was like the ajax got queued or something and rather confused. I also had an issue with labels not displaying even after the ajaxrerender call. The behaviour was rather fascinating where I could cycle through the drop down items and all would render OK and then if I then cycled through again then I would have issues and then when cycled again all was fine except for the labels. Every second render, variable visible fields would choose not to display period. I also seemed to experience other random ajax anomalies where toggles on my main form would also stop working and my computer had an issue where I had to restart.

I changed this over to the regular dialogue without "Ex" (IWCGJQDialog) and all worked perfectly and there is no need to even call the ajaxrerender function. Now my stress test of the drop down is totally fine and the user can go crazy all he or she wants.

Hopefully this all makes sense and hopefully this issue can be replicated and fixed in a future release. So the caution for folks is if you are using variable display controls you may want to use the other non-Ex dialogue unless you really need the features of the Ex one. Perhaps this issue is just in the Delphi 10.2.3 / IW 15 environment but I just wanted to post here just in case someone else runs into this.

Cheers!
bob9999

by zsleo » 11 Mar 2019 00:32

Thanks for posting this issue.

I have a similar issue with DialogEx - I prefer the additional features of the "Ex"

I will change some of my DialogEx to Dialog and see how I go.
zsleo

by Alexander Bulei » 15 Mar 2019 12:25

Hi bob9999,
Please send us the simple testcase project.
TIA.

Best Regards.
Group: Developers | Support Team

• info [at] cgdevtools.com - General information
  • sales [at] cgdevtools.com - Sales department
  • support [at] cgdevtools.com - Product and Technical Support
Alexander Bulei
Site Admin

Return to JQDialogEx