CGDevTools Forum

Welcome to the Official CGDevTools Support Community Forums.

Button VClick not registered on Windows Phone 8.1

General discussion

by magosk » 30 Jan 2015 12:32

We have had some error reports from users using Windows phones and tablets to access our mobile web application(s). We have acquired a test phone and can reproduce one of the errors: the page displays nicely but tapping buttons in the header or footer does not work. (Another reported error is that the page is not loaded at all). The following is from BrowserCheck in our logs:

BrowserCheck: InternetExplorer 11,00. UserAgent = Mozilla/5.0 (Windows Phone 8.1; ARM; Trident/7.0; Touch; rv:11.0; IEMobile/11.0; NOKIA; Lumia 630) like Gecko.

When you tap a button, it looks like the button is pressed down but then nothing happens (the associated lock indicator is not shown, and the VClick event is not generated on the server (which we log)). It's the same for label with a link. Note that it works fine in the desktop version of IE 11 (on Windows 7).

Tested both on our develop version CGDevTools 2.5.0.8, IW 14.0.36 and a production version (2.3.0.89, IW 14.0.32) and it's the same behaviour.

Best regards

Magnus Oskarsson
magosk

by Alexander Bulei » 02 Feb 2015 15:00

Hi magosk,

Thanks for information.
We will check this asap.

Best Regards.
Group: Developers | Support Team

• info [at] cgdevtools.com - General information
  • sales [at] cgdevtools.com - Sales department
  • support [at] cgdevtools.com - Product and Technical Support
Alexander Bulei
Site Admin

by magosk » 06 Feb 2015 08:37

Hi again,

any news on this one?
magosk

by Alexander Bulei » 06 Feb 2015 19:12

Hi magosk,

any news on this one?

Not yet, since the Windows Phone 8.1 come out after the jquery mobile framework (1.3.2),
We (neither jquery mobile team) can not guarantee the support of the operating system (in our current version).

And another thing, we don't have device with that OS.
Looking for solution (emulator)...

Best Regards.
Group: Developers | Support Team

• info [at] cgdevtools.com - General information
  • sales [at] cgdevtools.com - Sales department
  • support [at] cgdevtools.com - Product and Technical Support
Alexander Bulei
Site Admin

by magosk » 09 Feb 2015 18:51

I checked with your mobile demo, and saw that some things worked and some things didn't with Windows Mobile. This led me to experiment with our applications and compare the VClick settings. I concluded that setting RemoveMobileDelay = False for Windows Mobile was the key to get it working. Luckily, I have a centralized handling of all VClick events in a base form (e.g. for logging) of my applications, so I could set this conditionally (False for InternetExplorer, True otherwise) and have it apply to all controls.

I noticed that IntraWeb does not recognize the Windows Mobile as a mobile browser, I am not sure if that has anything to do with it. Of course, for future versions, it would be good if the framework handled this (e.g. ignoring RemoveMobileDelay = True for Windows Mobile) instead of having to do it yourself.
magosk

Return to General