CGDevTools Forum

Welcome to the Official CGDevTools Support Community Forums.

Erratic behaviour on iOS 9

General discussion

by magosk » 04 Mar 2016 16:42

We have a mobile friendly web page that is very important for our customers to be able to reach from a variety of devices (using a link they get by SMS or e-mail). After reports from customer that they had issues with the page using iPhone (which we never had problems with historically) we have investigated this both with physical devices and via BrowserStack. On the newest iOS9 devices, the page is often not properly loaded. See image attachments for two examples of "failed" pages and one with how it should look like. It is not consistent, even if you clear the cache before loading the page it can be different from time to time. We see the behaviour both on our production environment which runs IW 14.0.45 / CG 2.7.0.111 as well as in our development version which runs IW 14.0.52 / CG 2.8.0.181. You can test the link yourself if you like (development version). It is either https://recipient.callnreport.com?s=7Bm8W1&e=THd&p=weE (e-mail) or a slightly shorter version for SMS http://t1.rr1.uk/?s=7Bm8W1&e=THd&p=weE (which should be redirected to the first, longer link). Any feedback on this is much appreciated.

Best regards

Magnus Oskarsson

browserstack iPhone 6s plus buttons look ok testserver.png

browserstack iPhone 6s plus buttons look strange.png

browserstack iPhone 6s plus buttons look strange testserver.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
magosk

by Alexander Bulei » 08 Mar 2016 10:52

Hi magosk,

I can't open your link, but I can tell you, that's is very strange...
At last screenshot, it's seems like theme is not loaded...
Maybe timeout from your server?

Best Regards.
Group: Developers | Support Team

• info [at] cgdevtools.com - General information
  • sales [at] cgdevtools.com - Sales department
  • support [at] cgdevtools.com - Product and Technical Support
Alexander Bulei
Site Admin

by magosk » 08 Mar 2016 11:46

Hi Alexander and thanks for your reply! There seems to be some kind of firewall issue for the links, they work from our network but not externally as they used to (we switched firewall last week, must be related to that). I can confirm that by turning off wifi on mobiles here. While we try to fix that, you can try links to the production server instead:

https://recipient.rapidreach-notification.com?s=tNXgBm&e=aQ&p=t

or

http://rr1.uk/?s=tNXgBm&e=aQ&p=t

I doubt that this is a time-out issue. The server is not under heavy load, and it works fine from a large variety of other browsers.

/Magnus
magosk

by Alexander Bulei » 08 Mar 2016 15:01

Hi magosk,

I think, its a browser problem/issue/configuration.
Since, as you say, the application works fine in other browsers..

Maybe some connection timeout or something else...

Best Regards.

Alexander Bulei
Site Admin

by magosk » 09 Mar 2016 08:16

Hi Alexander! Just to clarify, this is not isolated to a specific device. Customers have reported it, we have repeated the problem on two physical iPhones, and on BrowserStack. So it is different devices, and also different internet connections. I have checked our logs, and I can see that the time from OnBrowserCheck until the end of the Show method for the form in question is about 1 second in almost all cases, up to 2 seconds in rare cases, and that shouldn't cause any timeouts should it?

/Magnus
magosk

by Jorge Sousa » 09 Mar 2016 15:10

Hello Magosk

I suggest you to check (Safari) browser for debugging, and watch the console messages, to track any errors, including loading errors, javascript errors, etc.
Best Regards
CGDevTools Develop / Support Team
Home Page: http://www.cgdevtools.com
Jorge Sousa

by magosk » 09 Mar 2016 16:36

Hi again! I am a bit out of my area of expertise in this case. If we buy premium support tickets, is this something you could help us with? Our links to the test server now work externally again, so I could assist you with setting up a version with e.g. debug features turned on if this makes things easier. In fact, the version currently active on the test server has

Code: Select all
JavaScriptOptions.Debug = True
JavaScriptOptions.UseUncompressedFiles = True

/Magnus
magosk

by magosk » 14 Mar 2016 13:49

Hi again! When I repeated the "Bad look 2" (third picture from top above) on BrowserStack for the test system, I could see the following in the DevTools:

For the files jquery.mobile.helper.css?v=2.8.0.181, jquery-1.10.2.js?v=2.8.0.181, jquery.browser.js?v=2.8.0.181 it seems like "411 Length Required" is returned from the server rather than "200 OK" (or "304 Not Modified"), and then there are some more errors which I guess follow from this.

Similarily, when I repeated "Bad look 1" on BrowserStack for the production system, there were some other files that returned "411 Length Required": jquery.mobile.structure-1.3.2.min.css?v=2.7.0.111, jquery.mobile.helper.min.css?v=2.7.0.111, IWBackIntercept_ECE6735CF.js

And when I tested on other web applications that use CG JQM components I sometimes get similar "load failures" and then there are "411 Length Required" errors in the log (but it can be for different files).

Does this tell you anything?
magosk

by Alexander Bulei » 14 Mar 2016 16:52

Hi magosk,

We are making the components only, the part of rendering and server is Intraweb...

Maybe, something with IW or IIS (i guess you use dll)...

Best Regards.

Alexander Bulei
Site Admin

by magosk » 16 Mar 2016 09:53

Yes, I came to the same conclusion when I read some more about the error code and also saw that it was not just the jquery files that sometimes failed. We run with a standalone server, so it looks like the issue lies with IntraWeb/Indy (and the Safari Mobile browser). I will do some more tests and then post in the IntraWeb forum instead. Thanks.
magosk

Next

Return to General