CGDevTools Forum

Welcome to the Official CGDevTools Support Community Forums.

Async resize issue in release IW15.1.7

by bob9999 » 18 Nov 2019 18:15

Hi there. I was having some crazy things occur for regions after installing the release for IW15.1.7. Seemingly at random a IW button would be stripped of its styling and teleported to the upper left corner of the section. If a CG button, the random button would be teleported to top of section spanning the whole section.

I figured out the issue was my async resize that I was doing (region.width := new value, region.height := value). The new release does not allow dynamic resize anymore like this or is flaky so be careful. Took me days to isolate the issue to this. Once I used anchor then the issue went away or I used the ajaxrerender function.

I am still getting an odd issue on some forms I am still isolating where all the components on a section are being stripped and assigned the parent of the form so all the components move off the region to the upper left of the form (same left and top as was in region) at max z-index it looks like. The initial form renders fine and then when there is any ajax event or async depending if an IW or CG component, then the component move occurs. If I refresh the browser then something is different and then the issue does not occur again.

I just wanted to log here in case someone else is batting the head against a wall. Once I figure out this last anomaly I will post here for the fix unless someone else knows this part and can teleport me to the end.

Cheers!
bob9999

by zsleo » 18 Nov 2019 19:45

This has been reported before but there has been NO response from CGD.... it is like CGD don't care anymore: SAD.

What you report happens with other components too.

My solution was to remove all resize and set all Align to None.

VERY time consuming and FRUSTRATING...
zsleo

by bob9999 » 18 Nov 2019 20:28

Ah, thank you very much! I have an align to top and bottom on some inner regions so maybe that is the issue. I will change to programmatic placement in my code and see if that assists. Hopefully this will fix the last stubborn forms of mine. The frustrating thing is that the issue is some cosmic imbalance that is not easy to figure out where the disharmonic in the render is coming from. One thing I forgot about is that on some forms, if I enabled the jqresizeoptions then this fixed issues too.

A big no no I found is having a section with a section aligned bottom and then another section aligned right so that one over or underlays depending on how you look at it on the right side. All hell broke loose. I changed so then all the components individually on the right align region with anchor right and then I achieved the right float to browser edge I wanted. Too many overlaid sections is just too much for the engine it seems. Be careful of region nesting.

Thanks again for your input. Much appreciated.

Cheers!
bob9999

by zsleo » 19 Nov 2019 20:27

Not a problem!
zsleo

by bob9999 » 15 Jan 2020 17:14

CG, when will these region issues be fixed? I just ran into yet another issue where the align bottom for a region in a region can skitter or float up to the top of the parent region in ajax rerender calls. Other components can be disconnected from the parent region and flung to the top of the form unless I turn on the resize option. The worst culprit is in the vert menu component when this is rerendered then the regions will move. I forgot to post this issue so I will so that now.

You are 3 versions behind and there are bug fixes from IW in IW15.1.10 that cannot be used until you release a new build. Alexandre from IW said that there are no more pending issues from you and the last one addressed was a while ago. What is the hold up here? When I first purchased your tools, you were right on top of support requests and new releases from IW.

So there are the region bugs, accordion staying all collapsed bug and keeping up to IW releases. You just sent me a warning that my yearly renewal is due and I am thinking what benefit is this if you are not actually maintaining and supporting your product.

Cheers.
bob9999

Return to JQRegion