CGDevTools Forum

Welcome to the Official CGDevTools Support Community Forums.

TIWCGJQComboBoxEx - missing .DataLink property?

by ScottWGast » 02 Sep 2014 19:30

Will you be adding the .DataLink property to this component?

Currently, I'm attempting to (unsuccessfully) implement the TIWCGJQDropDown with the DataLink attached to my table and have the drop down list static (_not_ read from a table).

Also, concerning the TIWCGJQDropDown... how do I disable the magnifying glass search? Many of my drop down lists are very short and the search option is unnecessary.

What do you think?

Scott

UPDATE: I've manually (through the IDE) added 3 items to be included in the drop down list, but when the list drops down, I get the error message: Uninitialized Reply.
ScottWGast

by Jorge Sousa » 02 Sep 2014 21:11

Hi Scott

We didn't add a datalink, because this component plugin doesn't support paging and ajax data loading like dropdown, a datalink would do nothing more than something like while not DataSet.Eof do AddItem; DataSet.Next;

About

PDATE: I've manually (through the IDE) added 3 items to be included in the drop down list, but when the list drops down, I get the error message: Uninitialized Reply.

Testcase or steps to reproduce please? t.i.a.
Best Regards
CGDevTools Develop / Support Team
Home Page: http://www.cgdevtools.com
Jorge Sousa

by ScottWGast » 02 Sep 2014 21:20

Concerning your comment:
"We didn't add a datalink, because this component plugin doesn't support paging and ajax data loading like dropdown, a datalink would do nothing more than something like while not DataSet.Eof do AddItem; DataSet.Next; "

I can see that the snippet of psudo-code (above) could be used to load the drop down list, but what I was looking for on the TIWCGJQComboBoxEx was the .DataLink (TIWCGJQFieldDataLink) property where I can select the data source and fieldname of the underlying table that will be updated when an item in the combo box was selected. I was not looking for a data bound drop down list.

About the TIWCGJQDropDownList component:
I will try to put together a small demo to demonstrate the issue with the TIWCGJQDropDownList. I am setting the .DataLink.DataSource and .DataLink.Fieldname properties within the IDE, but I am not setting the .ListDataSource because the drop down list is only three items which I have added to the .Items collection while the IDE.
ScottWGast

by Jorge Sousa » 02 Sep 2014 21:23

Hi again

About

TIWCGJQComboBoxEx was the .DataLink (TIWCGJQFieldDataLink) property where I can select the data source and fieldname

Ok are convinced
Best Regards
Jorge Sousa

by ScottWGast » 02 Sep 2014 21:56

Thank you for adding the .DataLink property to the TIWCGJQComboBoxEx component!

Concerning the other part of my post dealing with the TIWCGJQDropDownList component:
Should I be able to set the .DataLink.DataSource and .DataLink.Fieldname properties without having to set the .ListDataSource property? I would much rather load the .Items collection programmatically or through the IDE.
ScottWGast

by Jorge Sousa » 02 Sep 2014 22:25

Hi

About the dropdown check the dfm, ajax must be off
Best Regards
Jorge Sousa

by Jorge Sousa » 09 Sep 2014 19:26

Hi

Implemented DataLink in ComboBoxEx just for selected item, not for the list of available items.
Best Regards
Jorge Sousa

by ScottWGast » 09 Sep 2014 20:09

Excellent! That's exactly what I was looking for :)

Thank you so much, you guys are awesome.

Scott
ScottWGast

Return to JQComboBoxEx