CGDevTools Forum

Welcome to the Official CGDevTools Support Community Forums.

nested Layouts possible?

by yocko » 20 Mar 2017 21:21

I am evaluating your product and have a question.

I have following Layout1 (slightly modified version of your Layout demo):

On green part (LayoutPanelRight) I added IWCGJQRegion2 (color=red) aligned to alClient (size of LayoutPanelRight)

On this IWCGJQRegion2 (colored red on picture above) I added new Layout2, aligned again to alClient. This Layout2 has two panels:

In design time this Layout2 is aligned to alClient (see picture above), but in run time it is not aligned to alClient.

How can I align Layout2 to alClient of some panel from Layout1? Are nested layouts possible?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

yocko
yocko

by Alexander Bulei » 22 Mar 2017 10:32

Hi yocko,

I don't see any problem with nested layout..only one small issue with nested resizer z-index...

Please check attached project.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Group: Developers | Support Team

• info [at] cgdevtools.com - General information
  • sales [at] cgdevtools.com - Sales department
  • support [at] cgdevtools.com - Product and Technical Support
Alexander Bulei
Site Admin

by yocko » 22 Mar 2017 14:56

Hi Alexander

Thanks for your time and your demo. New layout is aligned correctly to alClient, but it's panels can't be sized. I must add a region as its parent first for sizing panels in this new Layout2 is working. But then aligning of Layout2 to alClient is not working any more :(

My case (see my post #1) is easy reproducible with just adding new layout to your layout's demo in JQueryDemoV3 demo.

I added new Layout2 (aligned to alClient) to yellow panel in your JQueryDemoV3 demo and created two panels in this new Layout2 component. Then I run your JQueryDemoV3 demo. When running your demo new panels in this new Layout2 can't be sized.

After test #1 I added a cgRegion (aligned to alClient) to your yellow panel first and then new Layout2 is added on this region. Now sizing in new Layout2 is working, but new Layout2 is not aligned to alClient in run time. I can see yellow color from your original panel from JQueryDemoV3 demo, color from my added cgRegion (parent of my new Layout2) is not even visible.

I copied your original Layout component from your JQueryDemoV3 to my demo (new, fresh application). I don't use frames. Same problems occurs in this scenario too.

Thanks for your feedback in advance.

Regards
yocko

by Alexander Bulei » 23 Mar 2017 16:01

Hello,

I can't reproduce this issue...

Anyway, as you can see in my testcase...works as expected, except of small problem with resizer z-index..

Best Regards.

Alexander Bulei
Site Admin

by yocko » 23 Mar 2017 16:55

Sorry, I can't confirm working as expected as sizing for Layout2 is not working.

In your attached demo I didn't change anything except I comment out MadExcept units and in IDE I used option "Syncronize wwwroot folder".

When I run your demo, sizing is working ONLY for Layout1, BUT NOT for Layout2 (nested one in right panel of Layout1) - see video

Then I modified your demo with adding cgRegion as a parent for Layout2. Now sizing in Layout2 is working, but in that case Layout2 is not aligned to alClient any more (see purple background from layout1 panel.

See video:

Regards
yocko

by Alexander Bulei » 24 Mar 2017 11:00

Hi yocko,

When I run your demo, sizing is working ONLY for Layout1, BUT NOT for Layout2 (nested one in right panel of Layout1)

Yes I know that...and already told/advise you about that issue:

only one small issue with nested resizer z-index..

Best Regards.

Alexander Bulei
Site Admin

by yocko » 24 Mar 2017 12:01

Alexander Bulei wrote:Yes I know that...and already told/advise you about that issue:

only one small issue with nested resizer z-index..

Hi Alexander,

Sorry, I am newbie with your components and I don't understand you well what should I do :oops:

So this "resize Z-index" is something I can change or will you change it in your next build?

As aligning of nested Layout2 to alClient is wrong (in run time) if its parent is cgRegion (video #2 in my previous post), so I shouldn't use cgRegion as a parent for Layout?

Kind regards and have a nice weekend.
yocko

by Alexander Bulei » 27 Mar 2017 14:44

Hi yocko,

This issue is fixed in next published beta..

Thank you.

Best Regards.

Alexander Bulei
Site Admin

Return to JQLayout