CGDevTools Forum

Welcome to the Official CGDevTools Support Community Forums.

Scheduler Event Item Edit and Creation Control

Suggest new components/features

by MarkLince » 20 Dec 2015 18:03

Hi,
This is carrying on from another Thread here http://www.cgdevtools.com/cgforum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2613 which went off topic so I created this new thread to carry on the discussion (hopefully).

Need to be able to select a cell, show the cell as the selected cell and let the end user decide whether to initiate a new/edit event item or not. Rather than always assuming that that's what the user wants. It would get very annoying to my customers if every time they clicked on an empty cell they had to deal with a dialog box.

I can understand why assuming that the user wants to create an event when clicking a cell might be a legitimate assumption but I don't think its appropriate in all instances and certainly for my application would be quite annoying to my end users.

Might I suggest some events such as OnSchedulerClick, OnEventItemClick or OnEventItemDblClick and also a toggle to switch off the auto creation of event items without having to resort to making the whole schedule readonly would be extremely useful and make life a whole lot easier.

To be able to select an empty cell or any event item (maybe have it highlighted) and to be able to choose programmatically whether to create a new event or edit an existing one. So essentially the user would be able to click anywhere on the grid and no event creation is triggered unless proposed OnEventItemClick or OnEventItemDblClick is programmatically set.

Does anyone else think this is useful?
MarkLince

by zsleo » 21 Dec 2015 01:55

Following from prior thread, I think this would be a great addition.
zsleo

by Jorge Sousa » 21 Dec 2015 17:58

Hello Mark and Leo

As you probably noticed, we use open source jquery plugins, that sometimes don't behave exactly how we wanted or with all the features already available, for varied reasons, including web limitations, author prespective, etc...

We appreciate very much the suggestion, but its resolution, doesn't always depend on ourselves, we need to change the plugin code, written in javascript.

We will see if we can adapt the proposed* changes, with clean and trustable methods, but we cannot promise anything in advance.
Best Regards
CGDevTools Develop / Support Team
Home Page: http://www.cgdevtools.com
Jorge Sousa

by zsleo » 21 Dec 2015 20:56

Hey Jorge,

It is a Christmas present wish :lol: :lol: :lol:

For you and Alexander and the team I am sure I speak for all users of CGD Tools and wish all of the CGD team a peaceful and happy festive season.

Thank you for the great help in 2015 and all the VERY best in 2016.

Keep up the great work - albeit that we sometimes give you a hard time - we very much appreciate your efforts.

Best regards
zsleo

by MarkLince » 21 Dec 2015 23:03

Hi,
zsleo wrote:Hey Jorge,

It is a Christmas present wish :lol: :lol: :lol:

For you and Alexander and the team I am sure I speak for all users of CGD Tools and wish all of the CGD team a peaceful and happy festive season.

Thank you for the great help in 2015 and all the VERY best in 2016.

Keep up the great work - albeit that we sometimes give you a hard time - we very much appreciate your efforts.

Best regards

I'm the new boy here and am still finding my feet a bit. I certainly second zsleo remarks.
Have a great Holiday guys, I think your work is really important that's why it didn't take long to decide to purchase.

I've been looking at the java script driving this, I'm not an expert in js but it's plain to see that its not an easy job for you guys to ring out every last drop of functionality from the scripts and package them for use in Delphi for coders like me who use Delphi almost exclusively.

So great work and I'm looking forward to using it proper, once you sort my Licence out that is!

Regards
Mark
MarkLince

by Jorge Sousa » 22 Dec 2015 10:28

Thank you very much guys

We don't have holidays, but if you have, enjoy them as we would :)

@Mark and about
once you sort my Licence out that is!

All the licenses are sorted out, we sent by email along with the invoices.

Cheers
Best Regards
Jorge Sousa

by MarkLince » 22 Dec 2015 11:47

Hi Jorge,
Jorge Sousa wrote:All the licenses are sorted out, we sent by email along with the invoices

Yes I actually meant the download link in my account area, Its available now so I'm all sorted thanks very much.

Mark
MarkLince

by Jorge Sousa » 22 Dec 2015 12:25

Hello

I've been looking at the java script driving this, I'm not an expert in js but it's plain to see that its not an easy job for you guys to ring out every last drop of functionality from the scripts and package them for use in Delphi for coders like me who use Delphi almost exclusively.

To better understand the javascript, it's advisable to set ServerController.JavaScriptOptions and set debug to true, and for IWs javascript set UncompressedFiles.

This will create user readable javascript ( & jquery ). These settings, should obviously be set to False, for web apps production builds.
Best Regards
Jorge Sousa

by MarkLince » 22 Dec 2015 16:39

Hi Jorge,

Jorge Sousa wrote:To better understand the javascript, it's advisable to set ServerController.JavaScriptOptions and set debug to true, and for IWs javascript set UncompressedFiles.

This will create user readable javascript ( & jquery ). These settings, should obviously be set to False, for web apps production builds.

Thanks I'll take a look.
Mark
MarkLince

by MarkLince » 04 Mar 2016 19:27

Jorge Sousa wrote:We will see if we can adapt the proposed* changes, with clean and trustable methods, but we cannot promise anything in advance.

Hi Guys,
Any news on this? I could really do with some help with it.
Thanks
Mark
MarkLince

Next

Return to Suggestions