CGDevTools Forum

Welcome to the Official CGDevTools Support Community Forums.

FastCube gui components

Suggest new components/features

by kattunga » 08 Oct 2013 13:51

Hi,

What I really need is visual IW components to interact with FactCube
http://www.fast-report.com/es/product/fast-cube-2/

I didn't find other components/suite that can do cube operations in server side and only visual (web) in client side, actually the only options is with XMLA servers and it's not easily to integrate with a Delphi application.

I think that this could be a paid addition to IWCGjQuery Suite.
I can easily paid another 200e to have this components. I know that it's not enough money to develop anything but and I'm sure that other people need this too.

May be you can't ask FastReport to join effort, I think that is an important extension for them too.

Best regards
kattunga

by Jorge Sousa » 08 Oct 2013 15:07

Hi kattunga

We have this plugin scheduled in the tracker.

https://github.com/nicolaskruchten/pivottable

With our technology is pretty straight forward to implement, but it takes time and knowlegde, of course.

Actually what makes us think more is: how are these amazing developers that makes these jQuery plugins, going to be compensated....

I hope they get a lot of donations because the more plugins we have implemented, the less we get for each one to share anything... we can share support, that we can! :)

Best Regards
Best Regards
CGDevTools Develop / Support Team
Home Page: http://www.cgdevtools.com
Jorge Sousa

by kattunga » 08 Oct 2013 16:17

Hi, this is a nice component, but is not the same.

FastCube is a real OLAP that can manage millions of records and tens of dimensions and indicators, calculated indicators, complex grouping dimensions and more.
You can do a real enterprise datawarehouse with it.
Thats why I talk about a plus price for this component, because I can sell it to to my customers. :D

Other thing to take care.
Client side pivot tables have the problem that you need much memory in client side, and the performance depends on client processor, so they are very bad for tablets or mobile devices.
kattunga

by Jorge Sousa » 08 Oct 2013 17:54

Hello kattuna

imho, all cubes / pivots are OLAP tools

I know DevExpress's GridPivot, never try this one.

About millions of records, yes, but all in memory... 64 bit? a lot of time to load, or it's fetcted and we've to calculate the subtotals / totals by sql.

It's possible

Client side pivot tables have the problem that you need much memory in client side, and the performance depends on client processor, so they are very bad for tablets or mobile devices.

If they allow page ajax loading, that's not a problem, which is not the case.

Best Regards
Best Regards
CGDevTools Develop / Support Team
Home Page: http://www.cgdevtools.com
Jorge Sousa

by kattunga » 08 Oct 2013 19:01

Hi,

FastCube is done in a way that you can separate the gui from the cube engine.
So you can manipulate the cube directly and the show the rotated data in a standard grid or a report.
The things that I need here, are the components to manipulate the dimensions, filters, etc.
After any change to dimensions, indicators, etc, the grid could be refreshed completely again via ajax.

Now I'm doing something similar in a project.
I have a Delphi rest server which serve the cube via xml to a standard jquery grid in a html front end.
When the user select the dimensions/indicators that want to see, it make a call to the rest server (which maintains the cube open in memory) sending the new cube layout required by the client, and the server returns an XML with the new grid.
The problem is that is very difficult to do the interface for dimensions/indicators manipulation.
kattunga

by kattunga » 08 Oct 2013 19:08

The problem with the DevExpress's GridPivot is that manage all data in client side, like nicolaskruchten/pivottable.
This can't work with to much data.
To work with much data, we need to keep the olap cube in server side and only send the slices of the cube to the client.
kattunga

Return to Suggestions