CGDevTools Forum

Welcome to the Official CGDevTools Support Community Forums.

Bug with many items and NativeMenu = False

by magosk » 23 Jan 2014 14:08

If you have a select with a select box that has NativeMenu = False and the box has more items than fits on the screen, the screen goes black after selecting an item, all you see is "an emty popup". Using Delphi XE, IW 12.2.27 and CGDevTools 1.9.0.3312
magosk

by Jorge Sousa » 23 Jan 2014 20:27

Hi

Can you submit a demo please? Thanks in advance
Best Regards
CGDevTools Develop / Support Team
Home Page: http://www.cgdevtools.com
Jorge Sousa

by magosk » 24 Jan 2014 12:25

Hi, unfortunately I cannot reproduce it in a simpler application, and due to time limitations I may have to settle with using the workaround of NativeMenu = True. What I can see in my simple app is that when the items do not fit on the screen is that they are shown differently. Instead of being shown on top of the other items in the form, you get to select in a full-screen mode with black background. Once you have selected an item, you can see very briefly that the list "shrinks down to one item" (still with black background) before you retrun to the form with the new item selected. That "intermediate stage" is where my larger application got stuck (i.e. it never returned to showing the form).
magosk

by Jorge Sousa » 24 Jan 2014 13:02

Hello

unfortunately I cannot reproduce it in a simpler application

Then, can you send us the source code (including dfm) of that particular form / frame?

Thanks in advance
Best Regards
CGDevTools Develop / Support Team
Home Page: http://www.cgdevtools.com
Jorge Sousa

by magosk » 24 Jan 2014 13:48

cgdevtools_support wrote:Hello

unfortunately I cannot reproduce it in a simpler application

Then, can you send us the source code (including dfm) of that particular form / frame?

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the offer, but unfortunately I am not allowed to send production code. But using NativeMenu = False was just an early design choice and we are happy with NativeMenu = True as well. If I have more time later on I can put in some more work into boiling down the problem into a test case.
magosk

Return to JQMSelect