CGDevTools Forum

Welcome to the Official CGDevTools Support Community Forums.

Listview item changing with ajax

by future » 05 Mar 2017 02:14

Hi ,

Is it possible using listview for JQMobile as a live list so that index 3 for example needs update that only that item gets the update without doing an ajaxrerender.

grds,
Marc
future

by Alexander Bulei » 07 Mar 2017 12:16

Hi,

Is it possible using listview for JQMobile as a live list so that index 3 for example needs update that only that item gets the update without doing an ajaxrerender.

At this moment, there is no way to do that.
Anyway, what you want to update?

Best Regards.
Group: Developers | Support Team

• info [at] cgdevtools.com - General information
  • sales [at] cgdevtools.com - Sales department
  • support [at] cgdevtools.com - Product and Technical Support
Alexander Bulei
Site Admin

by future » 12 Mar 2017 07:43

The listview is loaded and because we offer our clients a real-time platform it is important that we can change when the stock changes that this is directly modified in the list even if the user is not in the view the reason is that our application in desktop version offers this functionlaity because when a user is looking for a certain product(group) and he sees that there are 500 items in stock and during the session other users buy from that item it is not 500 anymore but maybe 200 or soldout when the user still sees 500 and wants to order and then see that the stock is not 500 anymore he gets very anoyed you must see it a bit like the stock market when trading goes real-time well this i what we do in our web app and this is not for ordering a couple of products but life following the market with jqgrid we do this from cgdevtools because it just change one row and in responsivelist we use tms both run asynch and modify not the whole list with an ajaxrerender because this takes a lot of bandwidth and slows down the whole application. so without this functionality it's unusable for us
be aware that it's just the item value that needs to be changed locally with eg a script the database and core is our own database so we have no dependencies on a database the system informs that there is a record modification and reads the new stock only thing needed then is make the change in the listview if needed i can even make a delete of the item but i need to be able to insert it on the same position then
rgds,
Marc
future

by Alexander Bulei » 13 Mar 2017 10:27

Hi future,

I understand the your logic, but what do you want change in item? Which properties?

Best Regards.

Alexander Bulei
Site Admin

by future » 13 Mar 2017 16:24

it is normal just an li tag but you made it more comfortable by header headeraside countbubble description and text i think.
Now if I have Text I gues I have the ability to insert any html code inside so if this one could be changeable i'm saved now it's difficult because every items has a class besides the listviewindex_JQM (the picture is off course also used by us but if i think right and change margins and padding to 0 and only use the text class then i'm saved. Otherwise the headeraside is also good
rgds,
marc
future

by Alexander Bulei » 15 Mar 2017 12:22

Hi future,

I have implemented the AjaxReRender of single item since 3.0.0.160..

Best Regards.

Alexander Bulei
Site Admin

Return to JQMListView