CGDevTools Forum

Welcome to the Official CGDevTools Support Community Forums.

VClick triggered for disabled button in IE

by magosk » 10 Dec 2014 15:16

Hi, we have a web page built with the CGJQM controls which is mostly accessed from mobile devices, but also from desktop browsers in some cases. On this page we have some buttons in the page footer control where we under certain circumstances set Disabled = True. We have discovered that even if the buttons are grayed out, you can still click on them in Internet Explorer (at least in IE9 and IE11). I have made a hotfix in this particular case by setting the event handler to nil, but that is not something you want to do in the general case. Is it possible for you to fix this more generally so that the event handler is not called for a disabled button (preferably on the client side so that you do not show any lock indicator assigned to the event)?

Using IW 14.0.32 and CGDevTools 2.3.0.89 on Delphi XE.

Kind regards

Magnus Oskarsson
P.S. I have not had time to check if other controls with Disabled behave the same way.
magosk

by Alexander Bulei » 10 Dec 2014 15:47

Hi magosk,

i, we have a web page built with the CGJQM controls which is mostly accessed from mobile devices, but also from desktop browsers in some cases. On this page we have some buttons in the page footer control where we under certain circumstances set Disabled = True. We have discovered that even if the buttons are grayed out, you can still click on them in Internet Explorer (at least in IE9 and IE11). I have made a hotfix in this particular case by setting the event handler to nil, but that is not something you want to do in the general case. Is it possible for you to fix this more generally so that the event handler is not called for a disabled button (preferably on the client side so that you do not show any lock indicator assigned to the event)?

Thank you for reporting.
I will check this asap.

P.S. I have not had time to check if other controls with Disabled behave the same way.

I guess, you don't need, it's generic.

Best Regards.
Group: Developers | Support Team

• info [at] cgdevtools.com - General information
  • sales [at] cgdevtools.com - Sales department
  • support [at] cgdevtools.com - Product and Technical Support
Alexander Bulei
Site Admin

by Alexander Bulei » 10 Dec 2014 18:07

Hi magosk,

Fixed in next beta build v2.4.0.105
Thanks.