CGDevTools Forum

Welcome to the Official CGDevTools Support Community Forums.

Disable browser password save

by magosk » 11 Oct 2013 10:13

On a login page I have an TIWCGJQMEdit with JQMEditOptions.EditType = jqmetPassword and a login button. At least in the Android default browser, I get a question for if I want to remember the password. A feature request that would be very important to us is to be able to turn this off for the edit control. There are two reasons for this:
1. We have our own "remember me" feature which account administrators can disable if desired from a security point of view (very important for some of our more paranoid customers...)
2. If you have allowed the browser to save the password and return to the login page later, the password is pre-filled in by the browser (and it automatically seem to have saved the username value as well (for an edit above the password edit)), but if you read the password (and username) edit Text property value from the login button OnVClick event handler it returns an empty string.

Note: If I'm not wrong, I think TMS had something for this in their IW (and possibly also IWiPhone) controls (but if their approach is good I cannot say).

Regards

Magnus Oskarsson
magosk

by Alexander Bulei » 11 Oct 2013 11:42

Hi Magnus,

magosk wrote:On a login page I have an TIWCGJQMEdit with JQMEditOptions.EditType = jqmetPassword and a login button. At least in the Android default browser, I get a question for if I want to remember the password. A feature request that would be very important to us is to be able to turn this off for the edit control. There are two reasons for this:
1. We have our own "remember me" feature which account administrators can disable if desired from a security point of view (very important for some of our more paranoid customers...)
2. If you have allowed the browser to save the password and return to the login page later, the password is pre-filled in by the browser (and it automatically seem to have saved the username value as well (for an edit above the password edit)), but if you read the password (and username) edit Text property value from the login button OnVClick event handler it returns an empty string.

Note: If I'm not wrong, I think TMS had something for this in their IW (and possibly also IWiPhone) controls (but if their approach is good I cannot say).

Regards

Magnus Oskarsson

Implemeted new property "Autocomplete" in V1.7.0.3008.

Thanks.

Best Regards.
Group: Developers | Support Team

• info [at] cgdevtools.com - General information
  • sales [at] cgdevtools.com - Sales department
  • support [at] cgdevtools.com - Product and Technical Support
Alexander Bulei
Site Admin

by magosk » 11 Oct 2013 13:23

cgdevtools wrote:Hi Magnus,

Implemeted new property "Autocomplete" in V1.7.0.3008.

Thanks.

Best Regards.

Great, thanks!
magosk

Return to JQMEdit